We've got details on all the big names making moves in the August 27 Roster Update for MLB The Show 21 and when you can expect the next one to arrive.
MLB The Show 21: August 27 Roster Update brings five new Diamonds
Two weeks ago, the August 13 Roster Update for MLB The Show 21 felt anticlimactic and quite tame as only two players earned their way to Diamond status.
However, things are seemingly back to normal this time with five different players getting the opportunity to leap to 85 OVR or higher and claim that Diamond tier.
This time, we've got Raisel Iglesias, Jake Cronenworth, Joey Votto, Salvador Perez, and Brandon Crawford all pushing their way to 85 OVR and sliding into being Diamonds.
It was also a bad week for others, with six different players seeing decreased ratings that dropped them out of Diamond status.
Matt Barnes, Ozzie Albies, Bo Bichette, Rafael Devers, Joey Gallo, and Nicholas Castellanos all had their ratings fall enough to demote them back to Gold tier.
The rich get richer, in some areas, as Freddie Freeman, Jose Ramirez, Starling Marte, Ketel Marte, and Teoscar Hernandez were already Diamonds and saw their ratings continue to improve.
The next MLB The Show 21 Roster Update gets delayed
If you already had the next update penciled in for two weeks from this one, it's time to be thankful you didn't write it down in something more permanent.
In addition to releasing details of who moved in this update, the panel in MLB The Show 21 highlighting the new Diamonds also announced that you'll have to wait longer for another update to arrive.
The next roster update for MLB The Show 21 is now scheduled for September 17, a full three weeks away, marking only the second time since launch that they've extended the frequency with which each Roster Update arrives.
It's not a shocking move, but it will mean those still using each Roster Update to earn stubs will have to wait longer for the opportunity to make bank again.
While not mentioned with the update, it seems like the move could be related to their new daily XP cap, and Sony San Diego could be trying to slow down the frequency with which players can use these updates to make mass amounts of Stubs.
Top 20 Diamond Dynasty Ratings Changes
While the new Diamonds are sure to be the most exciting part of this roster update, there were other players on the move as well.
Some saw their fortunes rise, but a lot of Diamonds actually saw their ratings decrease this time.
Here are the top 20 Diamond Dynasty players with ratings changes in this roster update:
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr., 92 OVR (-2), Toronto Blue Jays
- Freddie Freeman, 89 OVR (+1), Atlanta Braves
- Jose Ramirez, 89 OVR (+1), Cleveland Guardians
- Juan Soto, 87 OVR (-1), Washington Nationals
- Manny Machado, 87 OVR (-2), San Diego PAdres
- Chris Sale, 87 OVR (-1), Boston Red Sox
- Starling Marte, 87 OVR (+1), Oakland Athletics
- Jose Altuve, 86 OVR (-1), Houston Astros
- Ketel Marte, 86 OVR (+1), Arizona Diamondbacks
- Teoscar Hernandez, 86 OVR (+1), Toronto Blue Jays
- Carlos Correa, 85 OVR (-2), Houston Astros
- Marcus Semien, 85 OVR (-1), Toronto Blue Jays
- Yuli Gurriel, 85 OVR (-1), Houston Astros
- Raisel Iglesias, 85 OVR (+1), Los Angeles Angels [NEW DIAMOND]
- Salvador Perez, 85 OVR (+2), Kansas City Royals [NEW DIAMOND]
- Joey Votto, 85 OVR (+2), Cincinnati Reds [NEW DIAMOND]
- Brandon Crawford, 85 OVR (+1), San Francisco Giants [NEW DIAMOND]
- Jake Cronenworth, 85 OVR (+1), San Diego Padres [NEW DIAMOND]
- Cedric Mullins, 85 OVR (-2), Baltimore Orioles
- Avisail Garcia, 84 OVR (+1), Milwaukee Brewers
You can find full details here about every player adjusted in this roster update and which individual attributes were changed.