We're not far away from the official release of the next Madden title. However, questions surround the Madden 23 Xbox Series X edition of the game.
Mainly, players wonder what the game will look like and how the new mechanics will weigh in. Today, we plan on answering those questions.
Let's take a look at what next gen players can expect from Madden 23.
Madden 23 Xbox Series X|S Release Date
More news surrounding the next Madden title continues to be released. One of the latest bits surrounded the release date of Madden 23.
As it stands, barring any delays, the release date of Madden 23 is Friday, August 19, 2022. We don't expect any delays when it comes to the release of the game. We also hope that an open beta will be released soon.
With so much being revealed, one thing we're really excited about is what the Madden 23 Xbox Series X version will look like. With all the new next gen graphics, the game should look fantastic.
One area that players should pay attention to is FieldSENSE, the next gen exclusive gameplay mechanic.
FieldSENSE on Xbox Series X|S
FieldSENSE was first revealed during the Gridiron Notes following the announcement of Madden 23. Unfortunately for current gen, this is only available on next gen systems.
The gameplay mechanic will give players total control over multiple facets. An area we're specifically interested in seeing is the FieldSENSE passing.
As we get closer to the official release date, we should see more of what FieldSENSE will look like on Madden 23 Xbox Series X|S.
This is what was revealed in the Gridiron Notes about FieldSENSE:
Here's what you can expect from using FieldSENSE in Madden 23:
- Hit Everything: Redefining defensive pursuit, new Hit Everything mechanics let you be more disruptive on defense. New animation branching technology in Madden NFL 23 enables next-gen Hit-Stick physics so you can perform mid-air knockouts, hit the pile to assist in tackles already in progress, blow up blocks, and force turnovers with stand up tackles.
- Skill-Based Passing: Lead your receivers open, drop back-shoulder throws into tight windows, and place every pass where only your receiver can catch it with surgical accuracy thanks to this all-new way to pass. Skill-based passing introduces a new accuracy reticle and passing meter.
- 360° Cuts: Whether you're a running back, wide receiver after the catch, or returning a kick, new 360° Cuts give you the freedom and fluidity as the ball-carrier to hit the gaps you want to, plant-and-go, and elude defenders using Left Trigger/L2 and a well-timed flick of the stick.
- WR vs DB Battles: A suite of new wide receiver release moves and defensive back counter press mechanics make for some fancy footwork and crucial 1-v-1 battles off the line.
Now that we've looked at that, let's take a look at the pre order rewards for Madden 23.
Pre Order Rewards for Madden 23
We all want to know what pre order rewards are available for Madden 23. The good news is that early access is on the table yet again.
However, if you want access to these Madden 23 Xbox Series X perks, you'll need to place a pre order very soon. The last chance to get all of the rewards is July 22.
There are different rewards available for the various editions of Madden 23. Of course, the All Madden Edition is the only one offering early access.
Here's what you can expect when pre ordering the Madden 23 All Madden Edition:
- 3 day early access (play on August 16, 2022)
- Dual Entitlement (receive Madden 23 on both PS4 & PS5 or both Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S)
- 4,600 Madden Points
- Exclusive Early Access Challenges in Madden 23 Ultimate Team from August 16, 2022 to August 18, 2022
- Choice of 2 Elite Players (1 Offensive & 1 Defensive) in Madden Ultimate Team
- All Madden Gear
- Madden Strategy Item
- Limited Time All-Madden Team Elite Player (if you pre order before July 22)
To learn more about the Madden 23 pre orders, and Madden 23 Xbox Series X, follow this link.
Madden 23 Trailer
Since FieldSENSE is the latest thing coming to Madden, we were happy to receive a specific trailer for it. However, we also have the reveal trailer.
What we're really hoping to see soon is a console-specific trailer. This way we could see exactly what Madden 23 Xbox Series X|S looks like.
We'll likely get more Madden trailers soon, so don't forget to keep up with the Madden YouTube, the Twitch channel, and the EA Sports Twitter account.
We'll also keep you up to date here with everything we know.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Madden page.