Madden 22 Team of the Year should be one of the most exciting Ultimate Team promos of the year, especially as we've now learned fans will get to vote on it.
Here's everything we know so far about Madden 22 Team of the Year, when things will kick off, and some of the favorites to get the nod as nominees.
Latest - TOTY fan voting announced, begins soon
After a light mention of Team of the Year during Good Morning Madden triggered fans to realize it would make a return, we've now learned they're doing things very differently this year.
Rather than EA simply selecting their own TOTY based on player performance, the fans will now get to vote on who they think deserves a new MUT 22 card.
Madden 22 Team of the Year Promo Release Date & Voting
Madden 22 Ultimate Team continues to deliver new content throughout the year, and even as the NFL season starts to wind down we've got a new promo on the horizon.
While Team of the Week (TOTW) has been going on throughout the season highlighting individual weekly performances, Team of the Year (TOTY) will look at the whole season.
When TOTY finally arrives, it will likely follow a similar format to last year's Team of the Year with a Player of the Year, LTD, and then one or two players per position.
We have gotten confirmation that Team of the Year will return, as it was mentioned during a recent episode of Good Morning Madden, but they didn't clarify when it would be released.
After the anticipation began to build, we've now learned that Team of the Year is changing things up this year with a fan vote to decide who gets the nod.
Nominees have not yet been revealed, but should be announced soon as voting is set to begin on Friday, January 14, 2022.
There will be a total of 84 nominees included in the voting across multiple positions, and voting will end on Monday, January 17, 2022.
After that, the wait will be on for the Madden 22 Team of the Year cards to hit Ultimate Team on Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
Pro Bowl Contenders are sometimes included in TOTY, usually being two strong players from the season who could be available through playing House Rules, but that may not be the case with this year's voting changes.
The promo should also include plenty of Sets, Challenges, Store Offers, and other new content for Madden 22 Ultimate Team.
MUT 22 TOTY Predictions: Best NFL Players of the Year
Team of the Year is normally chosen by EA and affected by the existing MUT 22 cards already in the game, but this year's voting changes things massively.
We're still waiting on official word for nominees, but already predicted some of the year's best a few weeks ago.
While we won't see things go quite the same, these predictions can give a great indication as to which players could end up nominees in the TOTY voting.
Here, we looked at some favorites across all the positions and card types included in last year's TOTY promo.
Player of the Year & LTD
We could see them select one singular Player of the Year, and exactly who fits that bill is definitely up for debate.
Defensive standouts like Trevon Diggs and Micah Parsons have their own strong case for the nod, but we've also seen an amazing year from running back Jonathan Taylor.
The reality is most of the favorites for Player of the Year happen to also be favorites among their individual position, so knowing which one gets a POTY card over an individual position card is difficult to predict.
The same is true for the LTD, which should signify another strong player from the year and may just be picked as someone who didn't quite make the cut at a given position but felt like they should be included.
TOTY Offense, Defense, and Specialists by Position
For the core Team of the Year lineup, we've pinpointed two favorites across every offensive and defensive position included in the TOTY from MUT 21.
These picks were made with a few weeks still remaining in the season, so things could obviously change for the nominees, but there's no doubt these are still favorites.
In addition to the core offense and defense lineup, they tend to include a handful of specialists like punter and kicker, fullback, as well as a punt returner and kick returner that shined this year.
It's also worth noting that some of these positions may not exactly match how their team or NFL depth chart recognizes them, but that's a result of how positions are used in Madden Ultimate Team and how they can vary for certain players.
- Left Tackle: Tyron Smith (Cowboys), Andrew Whitworth (Rams)
- Left Guard: Ali Marpet (Buccaneers), Quenton Nelson (Colts)
- Center: Ryan Jensen (Buccaneers), Jason Kelce (Eagles)
- Right Guard: Zack Martin (Cowboys), Brandon Scherff (Football Team)
- Right Tackle: Tristan Wirfs (Buccaneers), La'el Collins (Cowboys)
- Quarterback: Tom Brady (Buccaneers), Matthew Stafford (Rams)
- Halfback: Jonathan Taylor (Colts), James Conner (Cardinals)
- Tight End: Travis Kelce (Chiefs), George Kittle (49ers)
- Wide Receiver 1: Cooper Kupp (Rams), Justin Jefferson (Vikings)
- Wide Receiver 2: Deebo Samuel (49ers), Mike Evans (Buccaneers)
- Left Defensive End: Danielle Hunter (Vikings), Cameron Jordan (Saints)
- Defensive Tackle: Vita Vea (Buccaneers), Fletcher Cox (Eagles)
- Right Defensive End: Nick Bosa (49ers), Myles Garrett (Browns)
- Left Outside Linebacker: Micah Parsons (Cowboys), T.J. Watt (Steelers)
- Middle Linebacker: Denzel Perryman (Raiders), Bobby Wagner (Seahawks)
- Right Outside Linebacker: Chandler Jones (Cardinals), Josh Allen (Jaguars)
- Cornerback 1: Trevon Diggs (Cowboys), Josh Norman (49ers)
- Cornerback 2: Jalen Ramsey (Rams), Tre'Davious White (Bills)
- Free Safety: Mike Edwards (Buccaneers), Justin Simmons (Broncos)
- Strong Safety: Budda Baker (Cardinals), Tyrann Mathieu (Chiefs)
- Kicker: Matt Gay (Rams), Justin Tucker (Ravens)
- Punter: Michael Dickson (Seahawks), Jack Fox (Lions)
- Kick Returner: Byron Pringle (Chiefs), DeAndre Carter (Football Team)
- Punt Returner: Devin Duvernay (Ravens), Gunner Olszewski (Patriots)
As said before, the final few NFL games and sheer nature of the new voting system could change whether these players get the nod as nominees, but they're all still firmly in the running.