League of Legends Wild Rift Patch 2.4 brings Ranked Season 3, champion bans, a brand new Wild Pass, automatic highlights, gold and system adjustments, matchmaking improvements, and the Rogue Sentinel himself, Akshan!
Here's everything you need to know about Wild Rift 2.4 and its massive patch notes.
Wild Rift 2.4 Patch Notes
New Champion - Akshan, The Rogue Sentinel
Akshan, The Rogue Sentinel - Raising an eyebrow in the face of danger, Akshan fights evil with dashing charisma, righteous vengeance, and a conspicuous lack of shirts. He is highly skilled in the art of stealth combat, able to evade the eyes of his enemies and reappear when they least expect him.
- Rank Season 3 is here and brings a whole host of updates! If you reach Gold (and win 10 games) this season, Glorious Lulu will be added to your collection
- Bans are coming to Ranked! The last three players on both teams simultaneously ban one champion each. Bans will be available in Ranked on July 29 at 06:00 UTC. (Just like in Mobile Legends)
- Promotion Matches Removed Riot believes the interruption to Wild Rift’s ranking experience caused by Promotion Matches currently outweighs the benefits they were meant to provide.
- Wild Pass S2 The Wild Pass returns for its second outing, increasing the amount of Blue Motes, Poro Coins and Poro Energy, enabling you to gift the pass to other players. Price is the same.
- Highlights If you turn on Highlights recording in your settings, we’ll record your best moments from multi-kills to dragon steals. (This feature that came to Mobile Legends 2-3months ago, hopefully this version will be more popular).
- Spectator and Replay mode changes You can now toggle between Fog of War for the red and/or blue side to understand both teams
- End-Of-Game-Screen, where players can have a better understanding of their progress after each game, and know when they have rewards to claim
New Skins for Wild Rift
Releasing July 28th at 00:01 UTC:
- Sentinel Irelia
- Sentinel Riven
- Sentinel Vayne
- Battle Academia Akshan
- Ruined Draven
- Ruined Miss Fortune
- Ruined Shyvana
Releasing July 30th at 00:01 UTC:
- Hexplorer Teemo
You can earn or purchase accessories from a bunch of different sources.
Baubles - Condolences, Crown of Mourns, Fistbump, Heads Will Roll, Light in the Darkness, Non-Stick, Raw or Roasted, Spill That Tea, Stay Cool
Icons - Battle of Baron, Detective Pengu, Hexcellent!, Hungry Hungry Poro, I Can Feel the Power!, Pengu Power, Poro Charmer, Redhead Redemption, The Way of the Snax
Icon Borders - Autumnal Nimbus, Knight's Gallantry, Steadfast Dedication, Teamwork Dreamwork
Emotes - Choncc Chortle, Hurt Feelings, I'm Not Crying, Magnifique!, NOT FAIR, Nyeah Nyeah!, Pengu Present!, Retreat!, Success!, Super Shisa, Thumb for the Memories, Welcome Welcome!
Recalls - The Mist
Sentinels of Light - The Black Mist creeps ever closer, consuming Runeterra even as the Sentinels’ ranks grow. In their search for allies, Senna and Lucian encounter a lost Sentinel of the past.
Is this reckless rogue’s light enough to turn the tide? Join the Sentinels in their final battle, and stand as one against Ruination!
Wild Rift 2.4 Overview
As you can see, this patch will bring big changes and a lot of content for League of Legends Wild Rift. Looks like it's finally catching up, adding features that are staple in most MOBAs.
Hopefully, this is sign that Tencent is letting go of "Arena of Valor" once in for all, focusing instead on making League of Legends Wild Rift even better. That said, Pokemon Unite is another new game under Tencent's care, and its massive launch could be just the beginning of a new successful MOBA!