Nilou is one of the six new characters that was introduced in the latest Genshin Impact Trailer.
We meet her during the Archon Quest and the very emotional Sabzeruz Festival. Nilou is debuting as a playable character in the upcoming update.
Nilou is a young girl with red hair and horns like the ones of Azhdaha, and her vision is Hydro.
Now that Hoyoverse has confirmed Nilou's debut, here's everything we know about her between beta leaks and official reveals.
Nilou Release Date
Nilou is one of the two new 5-star characters in Genshin Impact Genshin Impact 3.1. The update will go live on September 28, 2022, the same as the Second Anniversary.
We don't know if Nilou will be featured in the first or second half of Version 3.1. However, more details will be revealed during The Genshin Impact 3.1 Special Program, which is expected to go live on September 17, 2022.
Nilou Skills & Abilities
Based on recent leaks, Nilou will be a carry character specialized in the Hyperbloom Reaction produced with Dendro and Hydro.
- Elemental Skill
- Nilou's elemental skill is called Dance of the Seven Realms. She will deal with Hydro DMG and enhance Bloom explosion while dancing.
- The skill consists of 4 steps or instances of DMG.
- Nilou enters Pirouette state and deal AoE Hydro DMG
- The first and Second Steps are two sword slashes that infuse Hydro DMG.
- In the last step, Nilou infuses her attacks with Hydro and unleashes a water Wheel that creates an aura that applies wet to opponents.
- Elemental Burst
- Nilou starts the Faraway Dream Dance inflicting AoE Hydro DMG based on Nilou's Max HP and applying the Lingering Aeon effect to all opponents hit.
Most of the Ascension and Talent Materials for Nilou are available, except for the Perpetual Caliber, a material dropped by the Blightdrake, a new boss in Genshin Impact 3.1.
- Perpetual Caliber
- Source: The World Boss Blight Drake (Available in version 3.1)
- Sumeru Specialty, the flower is found in the outskirts of Cities, Temples, and the Varanara Forest.
- Fungi Series
- The Floating Fungi drops these common materials.
- Players can find these enemies all around Sumeru and The Chasm Underground Mines.
- Floating Fungi Series
- The same common enemies used to level Nilou Up are used for his talents.
- Praxis Series
- Players can obtain these talent-level materials in the Steeple of Ignorance Domain on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Trounce Domain Materials
- Nilou needs the Tears of the Calamitous God, a material drop by the Weekly Boss Raiden Shogun.
The location and the quantities required to max the level and talents of Nilou are explained in our pre-farming guide.
We consider it too soon to know Nilou's potential. However, we think this is her ideal build based on the leaks about her abilities.
- The BiS weapon for Nilu is the 5-star sword Key of Hierophany, her Signature Weapon.
- Timber Blade, the new 4-star Craftable Sword in Genshin Impact, will be a F2P viable option for Nilou.
- Considering Nilou is a specialist in Hyperbloom reactions, the new artifact set, Gilded Dream, will increase the DMG of the Elemental Reactions.
- We think Nilou's hydro application fits very well with Hyper Bloom with Hydro Resonance.
- Suggested Team:
- DPS: Nilou
- Sub DPS: Yelan
- Elemental Enabler: Dendro Traveler or Collei
- Support: Zhongli, Candace
We will be adding more details about Nilou as they are revealed. Her character is tested in the beta, so it is natural to expect changes.