The Football Manager 2022 Final Content Update is here, with major changes made across the board.
From final transfer updates to outstanding game fixes, we've got you covered for everything you need to know about the FINAL major update in Football Manager 2022.
LATEST - Update Available NOW
The Football Manager 2022 Final content Update has arrived, with major changes made to any aspects of the game.
As ever, Football Manager has made changes to reflect the real world, with alternations made due to the current geopolitical landscape.
FM22 Final Content Update Patch Notes
Football Manager 2022 has received one final face-lift, with competition updates, updates to AI transfer negotiations and the trusty stability fixes.
Changes in the 22.4 update include:
- Data Updates including transfer windows closing end of February
- Stability and crash fixes including fix for
- Addressed issue where Pre-Game Editor may not launch correctly on Windows Store/Game Pass
- Fix to allow user to change manager player picture
- Tweaks for AI loan offers, meaning less zero amount contributions
- Various network connectivity improvements for online modes
- Fix for keyboard shortcut settings in preferences
- Number of competition tweaks and updates, including 2022 promotion/relegation updates for a number of leagues outside of standard European calendar
- Multiple gameplay and database changes to reflect the current geopolitical situation as documented in Miles’s blog
Certain changes are sure to be music to Football Manager fans' ears, with the tweaking of AI transfer negotiations already raising a slight smile on our own faces.
The FM pre-game editor has also been tweaked, with the frustrating bug that saw players unable to load the tool now being fixed.
SI head Miles Jacobson has announced that the final content update for Football Manager 2022 will arrive later than usual.
SI has already demonstrated intolerance to controversial figures, with Mason Greenwood removed from the game in the most recent Winter Update.
Miles Jacobson confirmed in a Tweet that the final content update has been delayed due to 'sanctions and bans that have been put in place by various authorities due to the war in Ukraine.'
As ever, any changes will take time as the team at SI tweak, test and submit their changes in order to keep Football Manager 2022 running smoothly.
What is the Final Content Update?
The final Football Manager 2022 Content Update will address transfers from windows that closed during February, database updates and any outstanding gameplay fixes.
Last year, the final content update included transfers that occurred across MLS and China, as well as addressing any free transfers that took place in the EFL.
As with any other previous FM update, you will have to begin a new save in order for any of these transfers to take effect.
More general bug fixes were also included in last year's final update, with the team at SI constantly looking for ways to improve their game.
Winter Update LIVE
Football Manager 2022's Winter Update is here, with all the major January transfers being added to the game.
Attribute tweaks have also been made, with the return of Versus mode coming as a pleasant surprise to many FM fans.