FEB 9 UPDATE 2 - Destiny 2 Update 3.1.0 has arrived and with it the official patch notes. Follow the link above for the full, unabridged overview of everything that's changed in Season 13.
FEB 9 UPDATE 1 - Destiny 2 Season 13 should be released later today and full unabridged patch notes will likely become available shortly after the game comes back online at around 18:00 UTC. Stay tuned for Bungie's full patch notes detailing all the nitty-gritty changes from the new 3.10 update. Otherwise, read on to see all the changes already listed by Bungie ahead of launch.
Original Story - Destiny 2 Season 13 is coming next week and the new 'Season of the Chosen' should be a welcome addition to players looking for new content for the game in 2021.
Ahead of the launch, Bungie has used it's latest 'This Week At Bungie' blogpost to give players the low down on some changes they will look to implement.
Here's everything you need to know, including an early look at the Destiny 2 Update 3.1.0 Patch Notes.
Read More - Where Is Xur This Week? (February 5)
Destiny 2 Update 3.1.0 Server Downtime
Before Bungie can roll out the next update on Tuesday, February 9, maintenance for Update 3.1.0 will begin.
Below is a timeline of events:
- 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Maintenance begins.
- 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Players are removed from activities. Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Update 3.1.0 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
Destiny 2 Update 3.1.0 Patch Notes
Full patch notes for update 3.1.0 haven't been shared by Bungie, but they have revealed a small list of some issues that have been confirmed so far.
- The Crucible Valor and Gambit Infamy New Light quests can now be completed after resetting ranks.
- Ahamkara Bones will now spawn in the Agonarch Abyss and Cimmerian Garrison Ascendant Challenges.
- Triumphs: Lore of Luna, Wisdom of the Witch, Run the Gauntlet in Cimmerian Garrison.
- The Altar of Sorrows bosses will now rotate each day.
- The Warsat Public Event in the Cosmodrome’s Mothyards will now count toward bounties.
- The lift tube in the Warden of Nothing strike will now open for every player.
- The boss from The Insight Terminus strike will now always teleport away after scanning the Vex terminal.
- Lake of Shadows will no longer become blocked if players bypass trigger volumes.
- Sturm will once again reload any equipped Energy slot weapon on kills.
- Merciless will once again increase its charge rate on non-lethal hits.
- Thunderlord, Reckless Oracle, and other weapons will once again render their scope and/or reticle.
Read More - Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Report (February 5)
Destiny 2 - Known Issues Not Fixed by 3.1.0 Update
Finally, Bungie has also shared a list of known issues that they will continue to investigate, but don't expect to see any of these problems resolved in the upcoming 3.1.0 update.
- We continue to investigate PC FPS and Stuttering issues.
- The Lightseeker Triumph is not unlocking after players have found all weekly feathers for the "Bird of Prey" quest, and feathers no longer appear after completing the Bird of Prey quest.
- The black Blight Orbs left behind by the High Celebrant won't open portals if shot by Sidearms, and sometimes won’t open when in a fireteam.
- We’re continuing to investigate various error codes, including ARUGULA and PRUNE.