Alongside Obsidian Sanctum—the other singular boss raid in the expansion—and Naxxramas, the newly added raid will take part in what is the first PvE-centric test players will encounter in the newest expansion in Classic. It's a first of its kind in World of Warcraft as players will jump into a raid with just one boss to deal with.
With that, here's a guide on Eye of Eternity, including its boss and its mechanics, key loot items, and more.
Eye of Eternity Boss in WoW Classic WotLK
Eye of Eternity is comprised of one boss and one boss only, Malygos. This former Aspect of the Blue Dragonflight is not only one of the oldest living beings in Azeroth but is one of the eldest Aspects of Norgannon, the titan master.
In his mind, he fought for everything that he thought was right, mainly focusing on Azeroth's peace. Due to that line of thinking, he categorized spellcasters of the mortal races, namely the Kirin Tor of Dalaran, as responsible for all of Azeroth's troubles. This caused him to wage an all-out war to purge the world of these casters. A war that the Red Dragonflight and its leader, Alexstrasza did not agree with. Alongside Alexstrasza and her Dragonflight, Azeroth's heroes will have to bring the fight to Malygos at the Nexus.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
Mechanics for Malygos in Eye of Eternity in WoW Classic WotLK
Malygos has a boss phase (Phase 1), an add phase (Phase 2), and an end phase (Phase 3) whereupon players will have to ride and use red dragons to end the encounter.
During his boss phase, players should stack in the middle of the platform with the tanks near the edge of the room, facing him away from the rest of the group. In this phase, players will be shot up with the air with Vortex, requiring a lot of raid-wide healing, and Power Spark adds spawn, these must be killed prior to reaching the boss—move the boss if need be. Upon death, these sparks drop a pool that buffs player damage.
In the add phase, a set of adds will spawn on flying disks. Upon killing the Nexus Lord adds they'll drop the disks. These disks can be used by players to kill off the other adds, the Scions, as they are casters that remain in the air. This phase will also spawn bubbles that must be used to survive Malygos' Deep Breath mechanic. They also can be used to reduce damage taken from the Scions.
Lastly, in the end phase, all raid members will get a dragon to ride, each with two damage spells, two heals, one speed increase, and one shield. For this phase, players will want to stack to make healing easier. DPS will want to keep up their Engulf in Flames spell by using Flame Spike to build up Combo Points. Healers have a similar set of spells with Life Burst and Revivify—healers need to make sure they're healing the dragons, not the players.
If targetted by Surge of Power, players should utilize their shield and move away from the remaining surge in a group. That's it!
Notable Eye of Eternity Drops in WoW Classic WotLK
Although Eye of Eternity is a single boss raid, there are several drops that players should look out for in both 10-man and 25-man.
For 10-man, players can look at these items.
- Hailstorm (One-Handed Sword) -
- 164 - 306 Damage
- Speed 1.50(156.67 damage per second)
- +31 Agility
- +39 Stamina
- Equip: Improves hit rating by 31 (0.95% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases attack power by 86.
- Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 25.
- Black Ice (Polearm) -
- 570 - 856 Damage
- Speed 3.50(203.71 damage per second)
- +108 Agility
- +88 Stamina
- Equip: Improves hit rating by 72 (2.20% @ L80).
- Equip: Improves haste rating by 58 (1.77% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases attack power by 134.
- Greatstaff of the Nexus (Staff) -
- +101 Stamina
- +77 Intellect
- Equip: Improves hit rating by 95 (2.90% @ L80).
- Equip: Improves haste rating by 104 (3.17% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases spell power by 461 (0.00% @ L80).
- Ice Spire Scepter (Main Hand Mace) -
- +38 Stamina
- +47 Intellect
- +25 Spirit
- Increases attack power by 499 in Cat, Bear, Dire Bear, and Moonkin forms only.
- Equip: Improves haste rating by 38 (1.16% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases spell power by 461.
- Barricade of Eternity (Shield) -
- 7722 Armor
- 216 Block
- +43 Strength
- +84 Stamina
- Equip: Increases defense rating by 41 (8.34% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases your parry rating by 32 (0.71% @ L80).
- Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 28 (3.42% @ L80).
There are also other significant items such as Plate Shoulders, Cloth Chest, and more.
For 25-man, players can look at these items.
- Living Ice Crystal (Trinket) - Restores +54 mana per 5 sec.
Use: Instantly heal your current friendly target for 2710. (1 Min Cooldown)
- Mark of Norgannon (Trinket) - Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 69 (8.42% @ L80).
Use: Increases your haste rating by 491 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)
It also drops heaps of individual gear pieces like helmets, shoulders, chests, boots, and pants.
Additionally, it's home for the Reins of the Azure Drake mount.