However, some player have already expressed criticism about feeling required to also play in Diamond Dynasty, which Sony San Diego has committed to address in a future update.
Road to the Show and Diamond Dynasty link Ballplayer
One of the new features in MLB The Show 21 was the introduction of Ballplayer, a new mechanic for a user-controlled create-a-player that allows them to travel between modes.
Your Ballplayer can be improved in both Road to the Show and Diamond Dynasty, but because of that many players feel frustrated that they're required to play both modes.
While Road to the Show is a single-player Career Mode, Diamond Dynasty is an online-based Ultimate Team mode that some players aren't interested in.
Sony San Diego commits to changes in a future MLB The Show 21 update
Taking into account the feedback they've seen from players, Sony San Diego has committed to the following changes in MLB The Show 21.
- We’re fixing an issue where the user isn’t being prompted to create their player when starting RTTS in a future update*.
- We’re fixing an issue where ballplayers aren’t getting enough progress from RTTS training choices and base gains in a future update.
- We’re fixing issues where some loadouts do not progress your player as intended in a future update.
- We’re buffing archetype items overall and will regulate Ballplayer in DD as needed without having to constrain growth in RTTS for non-RTTS reasons in a future update.
- We’re looking into ways within the RTTS locker-room hub to better surface archetype progression and upgrades acquired.
- We’re looking into ways of making it clearer that playing DD should be completely optional to progressing your Ballplayer or RTTS advancement. It IS true that playing RTTS is required to maximize the progress of your Ballplayer and while we are interested in any feedback on that moving forward, it is unlikely to change in ’21.
A timeline was not given for this upcoming patch update, but it sounds like Sony San Diego is committed to remedying the issue as soon as possible.