There's always a new Final Fantasy XIV Online update to talk about, but what about the next one? Square Enix isn't slowing down and there's a lot more to come from this game.
Here's everything you need to know about the next FF14 Online update and when it's due.
Final Fantasy XIV Online Update Schedule Explained
Over the years, Square Enix has developed an interesting update schedule for Final Fantasy XIV Online. On the whole, it's fairly regular and it helps players keep tabs on when to expect server downtime and any additional content.
Final Fantasy XIV Online receives a major update every four months, or so. Then, there are two smaller updates introduced; One is dropped four weeks after the major update and another arrives in another four weeks.
This isn't to say Square Enix doesn't issue emergency hotfixes as and when they're needed, but we're talking about larger gameplay changes and content drops. Essentially, there's a major update for Final Fantasy XIV Online almost every month. They usually arrive in the second-to-last week of the month, too.
With any luck, the next FF14 Online update should arrive right on time.
When Is The Next Update Expected?
With all this in mind... When are we expecting the next FF14 Online update to arrive?
Well, the last update that dropped for Final Fantasy XIV Online arrived on June 22nd. Patch 5.57 introduced quite a few key changes, which we'll get into below, but that means we could be waiting a little while for the next update.
Patch 5.57 is the second smaller patch of version 5.5 and this means we are expecting the next FF14 Online update to drop in August. More specifically, we're expecting it to arrive on either August 17th or August 24th.
We won't know what's coming for a little while yet, but keep an eye on the relevant socials for more...
Last Update's Patch Notes
Patch 5.57 has just been added to FF14 Online and we've listed some of the bigger changes below, to keep you up to date.
Battle System Changes - Eden's Promise
- Two treasure coffers will now always appear. Furthermore, the weekly restriction on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly entrance restriction on all areas of Eden's Promise (Savage) has been removed.
- Players may now proceed directly to any area of Eden's Promise (Savage).
- Players will now receive the power of the Echo.
The Echo will take effect upon entering Eden's Promise (Savage) raids, increasing players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing potency by 10%.
System Changes - Duty Roulette
- The Tower at Paradigm's Breach - Added to Alliance Raids
System Changes - Bozjan Southern Front
- Field Notes on Dyunbu have been added to the possible rewards for completion of the skirmishes "Brought to Heal" and "No Camping Allowed."
- Treasure chests that appear after freeing hostages during the critical engagement "The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore" will now yield more forgotten fragments.
- The amount of mettle earned for completion of the critical engagement "The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore" has been increased.
System Changes - Visit Another World Option
- Please consider this option when having difficulty logging into your Home World, or when it is overly congested. The following restrictions apply when using this option:
- A destination World cannot be selected when using this option. A World with available space will be chosen automatically.
- Players will log in near the aetheryte of their starting city.
- This feature is not available under certain conditions, such as after logging out while undertaking certain duties.
Resolved Gameplay Issues
- An issue on the Bozjan southern front wherein the NPC's that appeared during the duel "Beast of Man" did not display correctly.
- An issue in Zadnor wherein the NPC Yamatsumi the Harbinger did not display correctly during certain skirmishes.
- An issue in Zadnor wherein the NPC's that appeared during the duel "Taking the Lyon's Share" did not display correctly.
- An issue when undertaking the duty the Weapon's Refrain (Ultimate) where players were not incapacitated when touching the edge of the battlefield.
- An issue when using the Flower Shower emote wherein the effects did not display when used by female Elezen, female Roegadyn, and Hrothgar under certain conditions.
- An issue when riding the deinonychus mount wherein emotes did not function properly when used.
- An issue wherein music and sound effects did not play when entering or undertaking certain duties. (PlayStation®5)
- Minor text issues have been addressed.
- An issue wherein text in the Field Record entry of Fran Eruyt has not been adjusted.
- An issue wherein changing the display language on the game's launcher causes the client to freeze on a loading screen.