We've got our hands on the Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes! It's time to get stuck in.
The next big update coming to Valorant is due to drop soon and here's everything we know about the upcoming 2.02 update, including the Patch Notes.
Running and Gunning has been criticised by Valorant players a lot in recent weeks and it seems as though Riot is taking this on board with their next update.
The 2.02 update plans to tackle Movement Accuracy, the existing Competitive game modes, and a number of key bugs in-game.
The latest Ask Valorant discusses how these issues have been raised with the developers.
In Valorant's current state, many are arguing that running and gunning is too forgiving.
In a response to this, despite reservations, Riot is tweaking the movement accuracy systems of the game for four of the rifles.
This update increases the "errors" players experience while moving and shooting in an effort to balance the strategy and realistically represent the impact running and strafing would have on accuracy.
Regarding the Competitive mode, quite a few Valorant players complained that there was a significant discrepancy between their MMR and the Ranks they had.
In the Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes, we can see that Riot Games has made an effort to make ranking quicker and more rewarding in-game.
READ MORE: Valorant Wasteland Skin Set Information
Additional bonuses can be earned between Iron and Diamond if a player "performs exceptionally well" when compared to their average statistics.
This means if you "pop-off" you should be rewarded more amicably.
In addition to this, a party cap has been introduced to Diamond 3. It is now capped at a 2-player pre-made.
For a more detailed look at the competitive changes coming in 2.02, check out a deep-dive from Riot Games here.
Like any game, Valorant has a fair share of bugs that need fixing.
Thankfully, Riot Games are actively working on changes and the Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes show another wave of Buf Fixes and changes to the over-all game.
READ MORE: Valorant Beta Review: What's Changed?
Most notably, players can no longer silently plant the spike and the "weapon stack" glitch has been resolved!
You can check out the full patch notes below for a complete list of changes.
If you need a recap of Valorant's 2.01 Patch Notes, you can find them on the Official Valorant Blog.
Full Patch Notes
Below, we've got the full Valorant 2.02 Patch Notes for you to look through.
Rifle Movement Accuracy Update - Bulldog/ Guardian/ Phantom/ Vandal
- Running Error across rifles increased 3.75 >>> 5.0
- Walking Error across rifles increased .8 >>> 1.1
- Crouch-moving Error across rifles increased .3 >>> .8
- Increased the effectiveness or Rank Rating convergence: players will now converge to their match making rating (MMR) faster, requiring less games to prove their rank;
- Players Iron through Diamond who performs exceptionally well in a match (weighed against their own average performance) will gain bonus Rank Rating;
- Changed Diamond 3 to a premade size capped at 2 players;
- Your current leaderboard rank will now display on your Career: Act Rank tab. At the end of an Act, your final leaderboard rank will be preserved and displayed on the Act Rank Badge you earned.;
- Added a rate limiter to the in-game weapon store to keep players from spamming purchases in quick succession, which caused a potential performance issue;
- Fixed a bug where players could silently plant the spike;
- Fixed issues where players couldn’t move after exiting a Sova Drone or a Cypher camera;
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t leave Cypher’s camera view or couldn’t move their mouse;
- Fixed an issue where picking up weapons stacked on top of each other, resulting in attempts to pick up both;
- Fixed a bug where the Chat Box would remain open in-game;
- Fixed a bug where enemy messages would still appear in Deathmatch while the Mute All Enemies setting was enabled;
- Fixed a bug where the queue restriction penalty did not always scale properly for players who queue dodged repeatedly;
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Promotion screen to show for a shorter amount of time than intended;
- Fixed a bug that was showing the wrong Immortal icon in some places;
- Fixed various localization issues that made it hard to read text in End of Game screen, Lobby, and Match History for some languages;
- Fixed issue where various abilities did not work inside Brimstone and Jett’s smoke, even when they were visible to their target;
- Fixed issue with Omen’s Shrouded Step targeting that caused it to get stuck on corners at a much greater distance;
- Fixed issue where throwing Yoru’s Fakeout through a teleporter caused another projectile thrown afterwards to play the Agent audio instead of the object audio;
- Fixed Skye’s Seeker’s not being able to find enemies on the zipline platform on B-Site of Split;
- Fixed Yoru getting stuck in various spots on maps when using Gatecrash;
- Fixed Sova not playing a proper walk animation right after his Owl Drone ends;
- Fixed issue where Omen could swap equipables right after selecting a map location for From the Shadows;
- Fixed issue where Omen’s camera could become detached when using Dark Cover in poor networking conditions;
- Fixed issue where the Spike could be planted on Sage’s wall on the sites on Icebox;
- Reduced brightness on initial visuals when blinded from flashes