After a bit of a rocky start, Tower of Fantasy is finally launching globally. Hotta Studio has worked very hard to tune up their action RPG, and it is finally ready.
If you're looking forward to playing Tower of Fantasy, this is what you should know.
Tower of Fantasy Global Release
The global launch of Tower of Fantasy will be on Wednesday, August 11, 2022, at Midnight (GMT)
In other time zones:
- Pacific Time: August 10, 2022, at 4pm
- East Time: August 10, 2022, at 7pm
Tower of Fantasy will need at least 12 GB for mobile devices and 22 GB for PC of disk space. A preloading option is available now on their official website.
While players wait for the Global Launching, they can work on creating their characters.
There are a lot of options to customize your persona in Tower of Fantasy, something that will keep the community engaged for some time. Learn how to create your character here.
Tower of Fantasy Pre-Registration!
Hotta Studio launched a Pre-registration campaign, that seem to exceed their expectations.
Their initial goal was to get 2.5 million players on the waiting list, to the point they have to add two more tiers of rewards when they got 4 million pre-registrations.
Check the rewards:
- 500 thousand players: Avatar Frame, Black Nucleus x2, Wholegrain Bread x10, Gold x2000
- 1 million players: Limited Title x1, Black Nucleus X3, Fried Chicken X10, Weapon Battery III X4.
- 1.5 million players: Gold Nucleus X3, Avatar: Zeke x1, Sizzling Meat X10, Gold x3888
- 2 million players: Jetpack Paint: Orion x1, Gold Nucleus X3, Crispy Grilled Fish x10, Weapon battery III X4
- 2.5 million players: Outfit: Star Sand X1, Gold Nucleus X4, Nut Tea X10, Gold X6888.
- 3.0 million players: Dark Crystal 500x, Black Nucleus x5, Caterpillar Fungus Noodles 10x, Beauty restore Voucher.
- 4.0 million players: Gold Nucleus x10, Red Nucleus x10, Vehicle 2613
Luckily, all players will get the pre-registration rewards even if they forgot to join the waiting list. The freebies will be available for 160 days.
Those players familiar with Open World Gacha games know that there are certain resources that are very important to manage wisely.
These are the resources you have to be careful in using:
- Nucleus – Rolling Currency used to summon Weapons, if you play Genshin Impact nucleus are the wishes in Tower of Fantasy
- Black Nucleus common currency used to pull SSR & SR weapons in the permanent banner
- Gold Nucleus, a rolling currency used to pull SSR & SR weapons for the event banner.
- Red Nucleus is rare rolling currency, hard to get. It is used to pull weapons in Limited Edition banners.
- Dark Crystal is the main currency in the game, use to purchase most things in the game including Nucleus (As Primogems)
- Tanium is the real money currency, players can purchase bundles called Blue Crystals.
In Tower of Fantasy, players will get Weapons to unlock new characters called Simulacrum. SSR Weapons unlock the high-tier characters.
Tower of Fantasy Gameplay
Tower of Fantasy characters lived on a planet called Aida in the distant future. Humanity has run out of resources on Earth, they had to make the ultimate decision of migrating to a different planet.
Being an MMORPG and Gacha, the initial comparison is with Genshin Impact. However, Tower of Fantasy has more similarities with another miHoYo game, Honkai Impact 3rd.
To the point that Tower of Fantasy apologized when they were caught using assets from Honkai Impact. Both games are situated in futuristic worlds.
While Genshin Impact is a PvE experience, Tower of Fantasy and Honkai Impact include PvP modes, a significant difference that could evolve the genre even further.