The Madden 23 Xbox One version of the game is likely going to look vastly different than its next gen counterpart.
However, there are a few things that we know about the game so far, which we'll reveal below. Most importantly, the gameplay trailer for the next title.
So, what should current gen players expect from the latest title from EA?
Madden 23 Xbox One Edition
Current gen players have yet to receive a specific Madden 23 Xbox One trailer, but there could be one on the way. We recently received a look at FieldSENSE.
FieldSENSE is one of the things that current gen players won't have access to when the title comes out. Perhaps there could be something specific to Xbox One in the future.
What these current gen players are missing is an extra layer of control that was added to the game with FieldSENSE. So, if you have the Madden 23 Xbox One version, you'll be missing the following mechanics:
- Hit Everything: Redefining defensive pursuit, new Hit Everything mechanics let you be more disruptive on defense. New animation branching technology in Madden NFL 23 enables next-gen Hit-Stick physics so you can perform mid-air knockouts, hit the pile to assist in tackles already in progress, blow up blocks, and force turnovers with stand up tackles.
- Skill-Based Passing: Lead your receivers open, drop back-shoulder throws into tight windows, and place every pass where only your receiver can catch it with surgical accuracy thanks to this all-new way to pass. Skill-based passing introduces a new accuracy reticle and passing meter.
- 360° Cuts: Whether you're a running back, wide receiver after the catch, or returning a kick, new 360° Cuts give you the freedom and fluidity as the ball-carrier to hit the gaps you want to, plant-and-go, and elude defenders using Left Trigger/L2 and a well-timed flick of the stick.
- WR vs DB Battles: A suite of new wide receiver release moves and defensive back counter press mechanics make for some fancy footwork and crucial 1-v-1 battles off the line.
Now, let's take a look at the potential release date for Madden 23.
Madden 23 POTENTIAL Release Date
One big question that everyone has right now is "What is the release date of Madden 23". Unfortunately, we don't have an official release date yet.
However, we do expect the potential release date of the game to be August 19, 2022. The Madden 23 Xbox One version will release at the same time.
As you can see, Madden 23 is looking a lot better this year. The gameplay graphics are great and we expect current gen systems to look pretty great too.
Along with gameplay, the editions of the game are offering a lot of rewards. Let's take a look at what you can expect when pre ordering Madden 23.
Madden 23 Pre Order Rewards
The pre order rewards available are pretty important and extend to the Madden 23 Xbox One version of the game as well.
It's important to note that some of these rewards will only be available until July 22. Early Access is also on the menu for pre orders as well, but only on the All Madden Edition.
Of course, the special edition of the game will cost you more, you'd be looking at a $99 purchase for the All Madden Edition of Madden 23 Xbox One.
However, the pre order rewards for the All Madden Edition are worth it:
- 3 day early access (play on August 16, 2022)
- Dual Entitlement (receive Madden 23 on both PS4 & PS5 or both Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S)
- 4,600 Madden Points
- Exclusive Early Access Challenges in Madden 23 Ultimate Team from August 16, 2022 to August 18, 2022
- Choice of 2 Elite Players (1 Offensive & 1 Defensive) in Madden Ultimate Team
- All Madden Gear
- Madden Strategy Item
- Limited Time All-Madden Team Elite Player (if you pre order before July 22)
To learn even more about the Madden 23 pre order rewards, follow this link.