The new Madden 23 ratings update was revealed today and we're going to take a look at some of the biggest movers.
Patrick Mahomes is working his way back to the 99 Club with his updated ratings but a popular quarterback has actually taken a step back.
Let's go over some of these newly updated ratings.
Madden 23 Ratings Update
Each week, EA puts together a Madden 23 ratings update that reflects how the players performed during the weekend.
This time, the update is for Week 4 and several players had their ratings changed. One of the most notable is of course, Patrick Mahomes.
Mahomes is only a few points away from getting back into the 99 Club and after his Week 4 performance (249 yards, 3 touchdowns), we could see him back in the club over the next few months.
He wasn't the only player that received a significant bump during the Madden 23 ratings update, so let's take a look at some others.
BUY NOW: Get Madden 23 and start your journey today
Top 10 Madden 23 players going up
Before we look at the players that have gone down during the Madden 23 ratings update, let's go over a few players that went up.
Tight End T.J. Hockenson had an incredible Week 4 outing, putting up eight catches for 179 yards and two touchdowns.
Along with Hockenson went Derwin James who received so many calls to the Madden 23 ratings hotline that he received a boost as well.
Let's take a look at ten players that saw a boost:
- Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) - QB - 97 OVR (+1)
- Nick Bosa (49ers) - RE - 95 OVR (+1)
- Derwin James (Chargers) - SS - 94 OVR (+1)
- Jordan Poyer (Bills) - SS - 91 OVR (+1)
- Justin Tucker (Ravens) - K - 91 OVR (+1)
- Bobby Wagner (Rams) - MLB - 90 OVR (+1)
- A.J. Brown (Eagles) - WR - 89 OVR (+1)
- Joe Thuney (Chiefs) - LG - 89 OVR (+1)
- T.J. Hockenson (Lions) - TE - 89 OVR (+1)
- Saquon Barkley (Giants) - HB - 88 OVR (+1)
This Madden 23 ratings wasn't all boosts, however, as several players received a reduction, this includes one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history.
Top 10 Madden 23 players going down
Some very popular NFL players have received a reduction to their Madden 23 ratings and one of them was Tom Brady.
Brady was moved from a 97 OVR to a 96 OVR after his Week 4 outing, the strange thing is that Brady's update is slightly confusing.
Brady passed for 385 yards and three touchdowns in Week 4. We understand that he fumbled once but he still finished with an ESPN QB rating of 114.7.
Here are a few of the players that received a Madden 23 ratings reduction:
- George Kittle (49ers) - TE - 96 OVR (-1)
- Tom Brady (Buccaneers) - QB - 96 OVR (-1)
- Tyron Smith (Cowboys) - LT - 94 OVR (-1)
- JC Jackson (Chargers) - CB - 89 OVR (-1)
- Chris Godwin (Buccaneers) - WR - 88 OVR (-1)
- Darren Waller (Raiders) - TE - 88 OVR (-1)
- Chandler Jones (Raiders) - ROLB - 87 OVR (-1)
- Leonard Fournette (Buccaneers) - HB - 87 OVR (-1)
- De'Vondre Campbell (Packers) - MLB - 86 OVR (-1)
- J.J. Watt (Cardinals) - LE - 86 OVR (-1)
If you'd like to take a look at the rest of the Madden 23 ratings changes, head here to check out the official EA ratings page.