Genshin Impact's 1.2 update launched on December 23rd, expanding the game for the first time with a new biome, as well as the addition of new characters.
In the 1.2 update we discovered a new character called Ganyu.
MiHoYo detailed everything we need to know about the new character, but gave no indication on when players can use them.
Ganyu's description on the official Genshin Impact website reads,
"The secretary at Yuehai Pavilion. The blood of the qilin, an illuminated beast, flows within her veins."
Ganyu is a quiet and reserved character, with Xiangling noting that she always eats alone. Maybe she could use a little bit of companionship that comes with being in your party. Despite this, she's a very smart character, and a natural storyteller. Still waters and all that.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 1.2 Update: Patch Notes, Release Date, Seasonal Event, Dragonspine, New Characters, Nintendo Switch and More
Ganyu is a 5-star Cryo and uses a Bow as her weapon.
This is similar to Diona who is a 4-star Cryo and uses a bow too.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 1.2 Artifacts Guide: Cyro, Hydro
She is another Cryo character, which should give players more options when filling out their parties.
Normal attack: Liutian Archery
- Normal Attack: Ganyu fires up to six quick arrows, dealing Physical damage.
- Charged Attack: Ganyu aims a more powerful, precise arrow. At Level 1 charge, the arrow will deal Cryo damage. At Level 2 charge, it will become a Frostflake Arrow, dealing even more Cryo damage, and blooms to cause AoE damage upon hitting a target.
- Plunging Attack: Ganyu fires a flurry of arrows in mid-air, then strikes the ground below, dealing AoE damage.
Elemental Skill: Trial Of The Qilin
Ganyu dashes backwards, dealing AoE Cryo damage, and leaving an Ice Lotus in her wake. This Ice Lotus attracts enemy attention, taking attacks away from Ganyu herself, and grouping them together, exposed to AoE attacks. Ice Lotus’ gets stronger as Ganyu’s Max HP rises. The Ice Lotus will bloom and deal more Cryo AoE damage once destroyed.
Elemental Burst: Celestial Shower
Ganyu summons frost to the area, which brings an Ice Soul Gem with it. This Gem will rain down shards of ice, dealing Cryo Damage, for the duration of the Elemental Burst.
- Undivided Heart: After firing a Frostflake Arrow, the critical hit rate of the next Frostflake Arrow rises by 20 percent for the next five seconds.
- Harmony Of Heaven And Earth: Characters under Celestial Showers gain a 20 percent Cryo damage bonus.
- Preserved For The Hunt: Grants a 15 percent ore refund when crafting Bows.
- Dew Drinker: Enemies who take damage from a Charged Level 2 Frostflake Arrow have 15 percent less Cryo resistance for six seconds. Only occurs once per hit, and regenerates two Energy for Ganyu.
- The Auspicious: Trial Of The Qilin gets one extra charge.
- Cloud Strider: Increases Celestial Shower by three.
- Westward Sojourn: Enemies under Celestial Shower take increased damage. This starts at five percent, and increases by an extra five percent every three seconds, to a max of 25 percent. The effect remains for three seconds after an enemy leaves the area.
- The Mericul: Increases Trial Of The Qilin by three.
- The Clement: After Trial Of The Qilin, the next Frostflake Arrow will not need charging, so long as it is fired within 30 seconds.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact Update 1.2 Tier List: Best Characters, Elements & Skills
MiHoYo's own roadmap for Genshin Impact shows that the 1.3 update will be arriving in February 2021.
This means that we can expect to see the Ganyu Banner added to the game and unlockable at some point in January 2021.
Albedo's Banner ends on January 12th, so a few days after that would make sense to bridge the gap to the upcoming 1.3 update.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact 1.2 Weapons Guide: New Swords, Claymore, Polearm, Catalyst