The COD Firebase Z update is now live, and it's almost time to find the Easter Egg!
Firebase Z takes Reqiuem Team to Outpost 25, deep in the Vietnamese Jungle, chasing Omega Group.
With another Dark Aether outbreak evident, do you have what it takes to stop whatever the hell is going on?
LATEST - Black Ops Cold War Update February 5
A new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Update has arrived, and with it comes some big changes to Firebase Z!
You can read over its patch notes below:
Double XP Weekend
- Double XP active in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone 10AM PT Feb. 5-8.
- Added new Prestige Icons from previous Call of Duty titles to the Prestige Shop, including Prestige Icons from Black Ops 3 Zombies, Black Ops 4 Zombies, and Blackout.
- Added a small speed penalty and jump height penalty after landing from a jump.
- We will continue to monitor this change in the live environment and make further tuning changes as needed.
- CDL Pro
- Added CDL Pro Hardpoint, Search & Destroy, and Control modes featuring preset CDL classes and CDL competitive settings.
- Enabled Gunfight in Custom Games.
- Addressed a UI Error issue that could prevent players from saving custom settings in Custom Games.
- Mini-map will now properly display when a friendly H.A.R.P. is active, regardless of a UAV being active or not.
- Addressed an issue where the Jammer Field Upgrade could cause players to disappear from the mini-map when a friendly H.A.R.P. was active.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining Express in Split Screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur as the train exited the map on Express.
- Enabled the main Easter Egg quest at 10AM PT Friday, Feb. 5th.
- Added crash fixes related to Tombstone Soda, Napalm Strike, Artillery, and Exfil.
- Reduced the number of Manglers in earlier rounds.
- Reduced the number of possible Mimic traps spawns around the map to reduce the frequency of encountering hidden Mimics.
- Addressed an issue where a Mimic trap could spawn that didn't actually have a Mimic in it, resulting in an item on the ground that could not be interacted with.
- Addressed an issue where the Mimic could throw the player out of gameplay space.
- Addressed an issue where zombies would fail to path in the Motor Pool when only the Weapons Lab was opened.
- Reduced the number of shots required to trigger the Vortex explosion.
- Addressed an issue with the RAI K-84 Vortex explosion damage being multiplied incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where a prompt would remain on Dr. Dimitri Kuhlklay during the Wonder Weapon quest.
- Tuned Orda health values based on high rounds.
- Decreased equipment damage against the Orda.
- Addressed an issue where a player could bypass the buy door in the Village starting spawn area.
Update Size Details
The latest Black Ops Cold War update, which includes the next COD Zombies map Firebase Z, is starting to appear as an optional pre-load for some Playstation players.
Reports are stating that the update clocks in at around 9GB on both the PS4 and PS5.
There isn't any information about the download on Xbox consoles and PC, but we would expect it to be similar.
The Firebase Z map goes live at 7 AM GMT February 4th and the Easter Egg a day later at 5 PM GMT February 5th.
Ahead of the latest Black Ops Cold War Content Update, Treyarch has provided some expected clarity regarding the Firebase Z Zombies Map and the Firebase Z Easter Egg.
READ MORE: Firebase Z: When Does It Go Live?
Firebase Z itself will go live at the following times alongside the Multiplayer content being added to Black Ops Cold War:
- 11 PM PT ( Feb 3 )
- 2 AM ET 9 ( Feb 4 )
- 7 AM GMT ( Feb 4 )
However, the Firebase Z Easter Egg will go live later than this.
The Firebase Z Easter Egg is due to go live over a day later at the following times:
- 9 AM PT ( Feb 5 )
- 12 PM ET ( Feb 5 )
- 5 PM GMT ( Feb 5 )
Below, you can see the official announcement and a brief insight reasoning behind it.
This information has been met with a mixed response.
Some fans believe it is a good idea, helping to preserve the mystery of the Firebase Z Easter Egg.
READ MORE: Firebase Z: Everything You Need To Know
However, many have criticised the decision to push it back quite so far.
One Twitter user, @Partybot2000, has written the following:
" Yep, Dataminers are gonna have a great time with the day and a half they have to ruin the [Easter Egg] for everyone before we can access it."
He has summarised what many fans are feeling. Do you think it's a good idea to delay the Firebase Z Easter Egg quite so much?
Easter Egg Steps
Like any COD Zombies Easter Egg, Firebase Z will have several steps that will need to be completed in order to finish the Easter Egg.
Unlike some previous titles, if we look to Die Maschine, we can see the kind of thing to expect from the Firebase Z Easter Egg.
There will most likely be a series of collectables to find about the map.
In addition to this, there will probably be a trap-like step and a combination of puzzles and boss fights.
Due to the delayed launch, we do not have clear information regarding the Easter Egg. This will be updated as and when there is more information.
It's safe to say that the Firebase Z Easter Egg will have some sort of Boss Fight towards the end of the process.
Interestingly, the Die Maschine Easter Egg ended with a Boss Fight that had you protecting the "Boss", rather than killing him.
At the moment, there isn't a clear look at what the Boss Fight for the Firebase Z Easter Egg might entail due to the delayed nature of the release pattern.
Firebase Z is just a few days away and we will keep this article up-to-date with the latest information available.