Sony is teaming up with Apple to offer everyone who owns a PS5 Console free Apple TV+ for six whole months! Here's everything you need to know about how you can subscribe and claim this offer.
How To Redeem Your Free Apple TV+ Subscription
Before we start, you need to make sure you have the following things:
- A PlayStation Network (PSN) account
- An Apple ID account
Once you have these, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Find the "Apple TV" application on your PS5 console's search bar;
- You can also find it under "All Apps" in the Media section
- Download and open the "Apple TV" app on your PS5
- Follow the on-screen instructions and check Notifications for the download
- Sign in to the "Apple TV" app with your Apple ID
- You can also create one here if you don't have one at the moment
Once you've done this, you should be able to follow the on-screen instructions and start watching anything you'd like to on Apple TV+!
Please note: You will be charged ~ USD$4.99 per month after this extended trial period until cancelled.
If you don't want to pay for Apple TV+ on your PS5 after this, be sure to cancel your subscription ahead of time. You should still get access to the remainder of your extended trial period without being charged.
FAQ's & Useful Information
Sadly, this offer is only available on PS5 consoles. There's no word on saying that you can't watch Apple TV+ on another device once you have claimed this offer, however. That means you still have to use your PS5 console to redeem your free Apple TV+ subscription, but you can then watch the shows on a Smart TV or mobile device.
If you are already subscribed to Apple TV+, you can also claim this offer provided you do not get your subscription through a bundled service like Apple One.
If you have any issues, Sony recommends you contact Apple support. You can also see a list of participating countries on PlayStation's website.