MLB The Show 21 has now officially launched Team Affinity Season 2 for Diamond Dynasty with some major rewards up for grabs.
Legends & Flashbacks is the theme of Team Affinity Season 2, and players can hop into MLB The Show 21 right now to start completing the program.
Latest - Season 2 is LIVE
MLB The Show 21 has finally sent Season 2 of Team Affinity live in the game, and that means there are plenty of new challenges for players to tackle.
There are 30 new Diamond players available as rewards, a major collection with an ultra-powerful Mariano Rivera available, and tons of new challenges.
Team Affinity Season 2 also comes with new Conquest maps, and you can find details here on how to find hidden rewards and their known locations in Conquest.
Team Affinity Season 2 is Legends & Future Stars
Team Affinity challenges players to complete tasks associated with specific division and teams, which can earn some great rewards.
These can include powerful diamond tier players to use in Diamond Dynasty, equipment, and various other unlockables.
The theme of Season 2 is "Legends & Future Stars," which follows the "42 Series" which was a focal point of Season 1.
Season 2 Start & End Date
Season 2 of Team Affinity officially kicked off on Friday, May 28, 2021 at approximately 12pm PT (2pm CT/3pm ET).
The good news is that there's no end date or time crunch on completing Team Affinity.
Season 1 will continue to remain available for players, and Season 2 is now live in addition to that.
Any actions completed in-game that have crossover and would provide Team Affinity Points for both programs will give those rewards in each, if you haven't yet completed Season 1.
All Rewards, Legends, and Players
All 30 major league teams will have their own specific diamond tier player reward in Team Affinity Season 2, and players will have to complete each divisional program to earn them.
The following are confirmed rewards for Season 2 of Team Affinity:
- Jordan Groshans, 95 OVR, Toronto Blue Jays
- Jimmie Foxx, 93 OVR, Boston Red Sox
- Cal Ripken Jr., 94 OVR, Baltimore Orioles
- Lou Gehrig, 95 OVR, New York Yankees
- Shane McClanahan, 93 OVR, Tampa Bay Rays
- Jordan Balazovic, 92 OVR, Minnesota Twins
- Johnny Damon, 93 OVR, Kansas City Royals
- Isaac Paredes, 92 OVR, Detroit Tigers
- Jim Thome, 96 OVR, Cleveland Indians
- Garrett Crochet, 94 OVR, Chicago White Sox
- Sam Huff, 93 OVR, Texas Rangers
- Roy Oswalt, 96 OVR, Houston Astros
- Torii Hunter, 96 OVR, Los Angeles Angels
- Robert Puason, 92 OVR, Oakland Athletics
- Edgar Martinez, 95 OVR, Seattle Mariners
- Jackson Rutledge, 92 OVR, Washington Nationals
- Hank Aaron, 94 OVR, Atlanta Braves
- Edward Cabrera, 94 OVR, Miami Marlins
- Ronny Mauricio, 93 OVR, New York Mets
- Cliff Lee, 97 OVR, Philadelphia Phillies
- Joe Torre, 96 OVR, St. Louis Cardinals
- Quinn Priester, 95 OVR, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Brice Turang, 92 OVR, Milwaukee Brewers
- Johnny Bench, 94 OVR, Cincinnati Reds
- Mark Prior, 95 OVR, Chicago Cubs
- Willie Mays, 94 OVR, San Francisco Giants
- Tony Gwynn, 93 OVR, San Diego Padres
- Josiah Gray, 94 OVR, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Dante Bichette, 96 OVR, Colorado Rockies
- Brandon Webb, 93 OVR, Arizona Diamondbacks
Completing each division's reward path in the Team Affinity Season 2 program will net five choice packs by the end of the program, allowing players to choose and unlock all 30 of these players if they complete each program.
You'll also earn dozens of unlockables and other packs along the way while completing these programs.
The ultimate reward revealed for Team Affinity Season 2 is a brand new 99 OVR version of Mariano Rivera, making him the first 99 OVR closing pitcher in Diamond Dynasty.
Players will have to complete a series of other collections in order to finish the Rivera Collection and unlock this ultra-powerful pitcher for your bullpen.
Missions, Moments, Conquest, and more
There are tons of different ways to earn Team Affinity Points in order to complete these programs in Diamond Dynasty and reap the rewards.
The good news is that Season 1 of Team Affinity isn't going anywhere, so things like March to October will now offer Team Affinity Points simultaneously to both programs if you haven't yet completed Season 1.
Each division also comes with new Missions, Moments, Collections, Exchanges, and a new Conquest map that can be completed.
One of the best ways to earn Team Affinity Points is to build a team with players from the division you're working on, which means each game will tally Plate Appearances for a mission in that division.
Once you have your divisional theme team created, head into the Conquest map for that division and work your way through, racking up rewards on multiple levels at once.