MLB The Show 21 is just days away, and we've got details now on almost all of Team Affinity Season 1 with the 42 Series!
MLB The Show 21 will give players a shot at earning a key modern day ballplayer from their favorite team, and we've got all the details about every Team Affinity player revealed so far.
Latest - Brewers add two players to the Diamond Club
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty will have 40 players in the prestigious Diamond Club, which means they're the top players in that game mode.
We've gotten a slow reveal of who all will be in the Diamond Club, but the Brewers dropped a great double surprise to reveal two new members.
Josh Hader and Devin Williams were both instructed to inform the other of their Diamond Club status, meaning they found out together, and both will be must-have players in Diamond Dynasty when MLB The Show 21 launches.
The 42 Series will be Team Affinity Season 1
Team Affinity in MLB The Show 21 should operate similarly to the way it has in previous years, and that means a series of challenges or missions will need to be completed to earn players from specific teams for Diamond Dynasty.
The goal is to give gamers a shot at some of the best players from their favorite team, and this time that begins with the 42 Series as Team Affinity Season 1.
While we don't yet know the details of challenges or missions, those should become clear when MLB The Show 21 releases for Early Access on April 16, 2021.
Full player list for the 42 Series in MLB The Show 21
Before we get to the players that will be available for Team Affinity, it's worth clarifying that these players are not the same as the legends available in this year's Diamond Choice Pack pre order reward.
While those players also tie into the 42 Series, they aren't part of Team Affinity, and won't be earned through the Team Affinity challenges or missions.
While we don't know every 42 Series Team Affinity player just yet, we do know there will be at least one current day player for every MLB team, and these are the names that have been announced so far.
- Jason Heyword, Chicago Cubs
- Anthony Santander, Baltimore Orioles
- Ketel Marte, Arizona Diamondbacks
- KeBryan Hayes, Pittsburgh Pirates
- Niko Goodrum, Detroit Tigers
- Joey Gallo, Texas Rangers
- Jose Berrios, Minnesota Twins
- Luis Castillo, Cincinnati Reds
- Mike Yastrzemski, San Francisco Giants
- Trent Grisham, San Diego Padres
- Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals
- Dansby Swanson, Atlanta Braves
- Andrew McCutchen, Philadelphia Phillies
- Franmil Reyes, Cleveland Indians
- David Fletcher, Los Angeles Angels
- Patrick Corbin, Washington Nationals
- Dominic Smith, New York Mets
- Jack Flaherty, St. Louis Cardinals
- Max Muncy, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Giancarlo Stanton, New York Yankees
- Xander Bogaerts, Boston Red Sox
- Bo Bichette, Toronto Blue Jays
- Yordan Alvarez, Houston Astros
- Jesus Luzardo, Oakland Athletics
- Willy Adames, Tampa Bay Rays
That still leaves 5 more players to be revealed for this Team Affinity Season 1 with the 42 Series, and we'll have all of them here as they're announced.
Separate of the Team Affinity players, the 42 Series also extends to ten legends included in the Diamond Choice Pack players receive if they purchase the Digital Deluxe or Jackie Robinson Edition of MLB The Show 21.
The following 42 Series Legends are in the Diamond Choice Pack:
- Hank Aaron, Milwaukee Brewers
- Frank Thomas, Chicago White Sox
- Pedro Martinez, Boston Red Sox
- Cal Ripken Jr., Baltimore Orioles
- Babe Ruth, New York Yankees
- Jackie Robinson, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Ken Griffey Jr. Seattle Mariners
- Willie Mays, San Francisco Giants
- Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees
- Bob Gibson, St. Louis Cardinals
Each of them will be available in the Diamond Choice Pack at launch, and we've got details here on which is your best pick for Diamond Dynasty.