MLB The Show 21 continues to liven up the 3rd Inning Program in Diamond Dynasty with a new Player Program featuring Reds Legend Dave Parker.
We've got all the details you need on how to unlock this card and whether he's a worthwhile asset to your squad in MLB The Show 21.
MLB The Show 21 releases Dave Parker Player Program
MLB The Show 21 is keeping the 3rd Inning Program strong with a new Player Program, and you can snag a great player for your squad while earning valuable XP.
The spotlight this time turns to Dave Parker, the first ever Home Run Derby winner in league history, and his time with the Cincinnati Reds.
Parker spent almost two decades in the MLB, including a decade with the Pittsburgh Pirates and his remaining years between the Reds, Athletics, Brewers, Angles, and Blue Jays.
This new 3rd Inning Player Program went live on June 18, 2021 at Noon PT (2pm CT/3pm ET) and players can work through it now to unlock Parker.
Diamond Dynasty Dave Parker Stats
Whether you want to add Dave Parker to your squad in Diamond Dynasty will depend on how your outfield is already looking.
This new 2nd Half Dave Parker card has a 91 OVR rating at Right Field, but also has Left Field as a secondary position.
While not particularly out of this world in some of his stats, Parker is pretty well-balanced across the board and really shines with his 114 in Clutch.
Tack that with his 90 in Vision, and solid Contact and Power ratings, and you've got a solid option to help make a crucial hit late in a game.
How to Unlock 3rd Inning Dave Parker
If you want to complete the 3rd Inning Player Program and unlock 2nd Half Dave Parker, you'll have to finish a series of missions and moments.
There is also an exchange available, and you can earn 5 points by exchanging right fielders, but that won't make much different without knocking out other challenges.
As per usual in each standard Player Program, you'll have three missions to complete in specific Diamond Dynasty Game Modes.
- Extra Base Hits with RF - ONLINE: Tally 5 Extra Base Hits with Right Fielders in Ranked Seasons, Battle Royale, or Events (Rewards 10 Points)
- Home Runs with CIN - ONLINE: Tally 3 Home Runs with Reds players in Ranked Seasons, Battle Royale, or Events (Rewards 10 Points)
- Defeat CIN on All-Star - Play Vs CPU: Defeat the Reds on All-Star Difficulty or Higher in Play Vs CPU (Rewards 8 Points)
You'll also get the chance to tackle six different Moments spotlighting specific performances by Parker throughout his career.
- 1st HR Derby Champ (Veteran Difficulty): Hit 1 Home Run in one game (Rewards 7 Points)
- Brought To You By Parker Power (Rookie Difficulty): Hit 1 Home Run in one plate appearance (Rewards 7 Points)
- Seeing Beach Balls Up There (Rookie Difficulty): Tally 10 Hits and 5 Extra Base Hits in six games (Rewards 7 Points)
- Finishing Strong (Rookie Difficulty): Hit 2 Home Runs in two games (Rewards 7 Points)
- Back Nine Bully (Veteran Difficulty): Tally 2 Hits and 1 Extra Base Hit in one game (Rewards 7 Points)
- Dave The Cobra Parker (Rookie Difficulty): Tally 4 Total Bases in one game (Rewards 7 Points)
You'll need 50 points by the time it's all finished, so try to figure out early how much of that you want to earn with Missions vs completing Moments.
All Player Program Rewards
The final reward will be the 91 OVR rated 2nd Half Dave Parker card, but you can also get some Stubs and Packs along the way.
Here's every reward in the 3rd Inning Dave Parker Player Program:
- 10 Points: 500 Stubs
- 20 Points: One The Show Pack
- 30 Points: 1000 Stubs
- 40 Points: Two The Show Packs
- 50 Points: 91 OVR 2nd Half Dave Parker Player Item
Don't miss out on the new 3rd Inning Conquest map that was released today either, and check out the hidden rewards locations of other maps here.
For more articles like this, take a look at our MLB The Show page.