It's been a few weeks since the beginning of episode 4 in Valorant and it's time for the second patch. It's a pretty minor one, with big changes being saved for another time, but it's worth checking out the details. We have the full Valorant 4.02 patch notes down below.
Valorant 4.02 Patch Notes
Below are the full official patch notes. The udpate isn't a significant, but there are some interesting bug and performane issue fixes to take note of.
- Improved latency for Windowed Fullscreen mode to match closer to Fullscreen Exclusive
- These improvements should play well with in-game overlays, however, havinganother program’s window on top of your gameplay window will negate these benefits.
- AFK detection buff
- Updated detections for non-participatory behavior in game
- Agent-select reporting
- Looks like there’s been some confusion around Agent-select reporting. Remember, you can right click players in pre-game and report them if they’re being disruptive!
- Fixed a bug where the pulsing FX around the Spectrum Z logo were appearing next to the trigger during second inspect animation on the Bulldog.
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Alarmbot and Turret were unretrievable after beingresurrected by Sage.
- Projectile Follow currently bugs out for Observer Follower
Update Release Time
The Valorant 4.02 update is due to release on February 1, 2022, although the precise time of the day hasn't been officially confirmed yet.
However, we'd expect it to go live at about 1pm ET/6pm ET, which is when most Valorant updates release. As soon as it is live, we'll be sure to update you here.
For more articles like this, take a look at our More page.