The Genshin Impact 1.5 update is right around the corner and to give fans a look at what to expect, a special live stream was held which gave us so many new details.
Here is everything we learnt from the stream.
Latest - Update Time Confirmed
In a blog post, miHoYo have confirmed the update time for the 1.5 patch.
Downtime will begin for the 1.5 update at 6 am UTC+8 on Wednesday, April 28th.
This is 6 pm EST/11 pm BST on Tuesday, April 27th.
Downtime is expected to last up to five hours.
Genshin Impact 1.5 Breaking Updates
- The Livestream has already begun China
- The new Azhdaha boss, the dragon king of the dragon element announced as a weekly boss
- Yanfei introduced, as well as a Cryo hypostasis
- Eula announced
- Madam Ping's teapot will be given to the traveler, introducing the housing system
- Eula is a Favonius Knight
- Eula is focused on vengeance
- Eula is old nobility, a Cryo Claymore user
- Yanfei is up next, Pyro catalyst user
- Yanfei is half-adepti, similar to Ganyu
- Yanfei also has horns, is a rule-breaker, and loves her freedom
- Yanfei does not like Ningguang's strict regime
- Eula and Yanfei have a special relationship, with interactions between the two coming in-game
- Zhongli and Eula banners confirmed
- Zhongli and Yanfei banner will be first
- Eula vanner will come second
- Song of Broken Pines Claymore announced, as well as two new artifact sets
- A new domain will appear just outside of Dragonspine
- Diona and Noelle hangout events
- Zhongli Act II Character Event, as well as Eula's Act I
- miHoYo hopes players will continue to be happy with the character Hangout Events
- Azhdaha will feature in Act II of Zhongli's Character Story, then become a weekly boss
- A new Abyss boss, The Abyss Lector, is coming, similar to the Spiral Abyss
- The Abyss Lector is Electro
- The Adepti have provided a private island inside a teapot for the Traveler to create a home in
- Players can build their own home in one of three different locals
- Purchasing home items from the merchant will level them up
- Friends can visit other player's homes
- The more furniture placed in a home, the more special currency a player creates
- Characters can be added in to the housing system later on
- A new Sumeru NPC will ask the Traveler to seek Ley Line fragments in a new event
- A special compass will help players find them, which can be upgraded with fragments already found
- 4 Domains have Leyline Disorders in this event
- Diona will be purchasable via this event's currency
- Another event, which will give you trial characters you can use, will have mini-challenges
- An event-related to the Unusual Hilichurl
- The Unusual Hilichurl is showing up in places where it normally does, so players will take Ella Musk to find and talk with it
- This event will have players memorize Hilichurl phrases to use, expanding the Hilichurl language
- Hilichurls will help you find the Unusual Hilichurl
- Rewards include standard ones, as well as housing items
- A Leyline buff period is coming, this time for Talent Books
- An event having to do with the wind is coming, dealing with hunter and prey
- This is a hide-and-seek event
- Five different locations are available to play the event, earning players a new name card and prizes
- Improvements are coming to the game overall
- The first 3 times players fight a weekly boss, only half the resin is required to collect rewards
- Language files can be removed to save hard drive space
- Domains completed with the same friend multiple times will increase drops
- 1.5 is a more substantial update compared to previous updates
- miHoYo hopes players enjoy the new update
- A special surprise was revealed at the end of the Livestream
- Three islands of Inazuma have been introduced with concept art
- Concept art of the Shogunate of Inazuma is shown
- All these are introduced by the Electro Archon(?)
- She says she can not wait for players to come to Inazuma
- This is just a sneak peek, there is no release date of Inazuma yet
Livestream Redemption Codes
Genshin Impact 1.5 Trailer
Genshin Impact 1.5 Release Date
The above is just a taste of what's coming to miHoYo's genre-blending epic in the next major update.
Genshin Impact version 1.5 is coming on April 27th, using the end of the current Childe Banner as a guide, and we're expecting to see it kick off with another Banner and exciting in-game events.
Rumors and leaks have been rife, especially after multiple NDA breaches from Genshin Impact 1.5 Closed Beta testers, but thankfully now we've got something official to look forward to.
Genshin Impact's Growing Legacy
Genshin Impact released in September 2020, making it a fairly new title by any account. However, this hasn't stopped its meteoric growth into one of the giants of gaming. It might only feature four-player multiplayer action, but it's seemingly perfected the gacha monetization that mobile games thrive on to make it as profitable as it is fun to play.
The game's developers, miHoYo, have reportedly cleared the $USD 1 Billion mark by the end of last month. It's the third most revenue from a mobile game in the same period, only being beat by PUBG Mobile and Honor of Kings!
We know Genshin Impact Version 1.5 might seem a little smaller than we were anticipating given this incredible growth, but we know that miHoYo has a lot of plans for this game and we're not expecting its success to slow down anytime soon.
This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated with new information as it becomes available.
Please refresh the page regularly to get the latest updates.
Reporters working on RealSport101 will be working to source the latest information, reaction, pictures and video related to this story. You can also follow us on Twitter @RealSport101 to get the latest news updates 24 hours a day.
Whilst you're here why not also subscribe to Gfinity Plus? Each month there are some EPIC giveaways.
What is Gfinity Plus?
Gfinity Plus is our exclusive membership system that brings plenty of benefits.
From the latest and greatest news of the week, community interactions, amazing and exclusive deals as well as monthly giveaways, there's something for everyone.
How to Sign Up to Gfinity Plus
- Head to gfinityesports.com and hit the 'Sign In' button in the top right of the page.
- Click 'Sign up to Gfinity Plus'
- Enter your username, email address, password, country of residence and DOB
- Agree to the terms & conditions and click 'Sign up for Gfinity Plus'
Verify your email
That's it! You will automatically be entered into our giveaways.
RealSport101 is part of Gfinity Digital Media and owned by Gfinity plc.