Valve announced that Singapore is hosting the DOTA 2 The International 2022.
The 11th edition of one of the biggest e-sport tournaments is visiting South East Asia for the first time to respond to the significant growth the region has shown in recent years.
The International Singapore 2022 will have the biggest number of participants (30 teams) since the DOTA 2 Pro Circuit creation in 2017.
DOTA 2 International 2022 Schedule
The DOTA 2 International 11th will occur in Singapore from October 8 to October 30.
During four weeks, 30 teams will compete for the change to rise the Aegis.
- Instead of having a separate event, the TI11 will start with four days of the Last Round Qualifiers. (Oct 8 – Oct 12)
- The qualifiers will feature the second and third-place teams from every Regional Qualifiers.
- 12 Teams will compete for the last two TI11 wildcards
- The Group Stage will feature the best 20 teams of the 6 regions that will compete in matches B02 in two groups of 10 teams each (Oct 15 – Oct 18).
- The best 4 teams will pass to the upper bracket.
- Positions 5-8 will go to the lower bracket.
- The last two positions in each group will be eliminated.
- The Main Events playoffs will take place in the Suntec Singapore convention center (Oct 20 – Oct 23).
- For the Finals, the DOTA 2 Singapore International 2022 will move to the Singapore Indoor Stadium. (Oct 29 – Oct 30)
New DOTA 2 Plus and 7.31d Patch
Along with the official schedule of the DOTA 2 TI11. Valve announced the release of the 7.31d patch.
Besides the seasonal refresh, the patch will include new features, most likely new quests, guild rewards, and a new batch of treasures.
The 7.31d patch is a big update, therefore is most likely to be the last before the Third Major that is taking place in Arlington, Texas, in August 2022.