Expunge is a weekly event that will change with future updates, but will see Guardians venturing into the Vex Network to shoot a bunch of baddies and engage with some light puzzle solving.
It's not the most groundbreaking concept, but its visually cool and awards a different armour piece each week. Read on to find out where to begin!
How to Start Expunge Mission in Destiny 2
The Expung mission itself is really straightforward, it can be done solo quite easily. The hardest part is actually starting the darn thing!
First things first, you need to be up to date with the current storyline, which means owning the season pass and having progressed through both Path of the Splicer I and Path of the Splicer II quests.
In addition, the power level recommendation is 1290, which is worth keeping in mind. OK, once all that is sorted, proceed with the following:
- Navigate to the H.E.L.M. social space from Director, it's right by the Traveller.
- Seek out the Splicer Servitor in the hub area.
- Speak to Mithrax and complete Path of the Splicer III.
- To do this you will need to charge the Splicer Gauntlet with Ether in the tried and true manner of Destiny 2, by killing enemies and completing activities.
- Once you have enough Ether, craft a key code
- Now you must travel to the Tangled Shore and beat the seasonal activity, Overide, and complete Path of the Splicer III.
- All that remains is to return to the Splicer Servitor in the H.E.L.M. social space to gain access to Expunge.
And that's it, you are ready to start running Expunge. Make sure to stop by after each weekly reset in order to complete the full armour set!