NBA 2K23 MyCAREER challenges you to win over major chunks of The City, and It's a Cole World is your ticket to the Music District.
This extensive It's a Cole World Quest Guide has all the music trivia answers, rap verses, and other details your NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER needs throughout.
Latest - Fashion & Music Trivia Answers
While NBA 2K23 did infuse one trio of music trivia questions into the It's a Cole World quest, that only scratches the surface.
We've got a mix of Music Trivia, Fashion Trivia, and even Basketball Trivia quests popping up daily now in MyCAREER.
As more quests continue to arrive, we've got details here on all the Trivia Answers that have been revealed so far.
NBA 2K23: It's a Cole World Quest Guide
If you were one of many excited by the prospect of J. Cole getting his own NBA 2K23 Dreamer Edition cover, there's more good news as he's got no small part in this game.
In fact, the It's a Cole World quest may be the most in-depth and extensive in the game with four different challenging rap scenarios.
If you hope to win over The City and even the most ardent Shep supporters, you'll need to win the Music District by finishing this quest.
If you're wondering when the J. Cole quest will show up, it's likely that you haven't made it far enough in MyCAREER.
You'll need to work through the early quests and knock out about five different NBA games before your "Welcome to the League" quest kicks off this and many other core questlines.
The good news if you've struggled with any of these early challenges is that there appears to be no penalty for mistakes or failed attempts.
You just simply have to keep trying until you get things right, and some of the later rap challenges even simplify by only asking you questions you got wrong on subsequent attempts.
You'll also often be gated by progress on other quests such as Palace Intrigue, as you'll need to move to the next step in those to play your next NBA game in order to move It's a Cole World forward.
Now let's break down each major step of It's a Cole World in The City and the answers you'll need to breeze through every stage.
Talk to Marvin Castleberry at Erick's Vinyl about PhD Monk
This is your first and easiest challenge as you head to Erick's Vinyl and get to try some Music Trivia like become so frequent in NBA 2K22.
Here are the correct answers to your three questions, in order:
- They reminisce over you
Again, you can repeat these if you miss one the first time around, but keep this guide handy as you'll still be on a timer with each answer.
Head to the spot on the map where rappers hang out
Fortunately it's not difficult to find any of the locations throughout this quest, as they'll always be easily marked on your map.
Once you arrive at the group of rappers you'll engage in a multi-verse rap battle, and these are the answers you need to give:
- I got lockdown defense so don't try to get mental
- Check ya I'm with the extras, I'm eurostepping and flexing
- I'll break your ankles and probably fix that wart in your foot
- You don't have a lift pass you not supposed to ski here
- End your career, throw a party on your own dime
- I heard you're sleeping on me with your stuffed toy Piggie Smalls?
After delivering them all correctly you'll have impressed the group and be able to move forward with this MyCAREER quest.
Head to Rita's and ask about PhD Monk & Talk to whoever you can find about PhD Monk
These two tasks go hand-in-hand as upon arrival at Rita's you'll be prompted to "talk to whoever," and there's only one person you can talk to.
This will trigger another spontaneous rap battle, and these are the answers you'll need to give this time:
- Got a little shine now you think you hotter than ovens
- You are not the type that these other playas are idolize
- And if you're hoopin, you're doo doo I'm poop scoopin'
- Hope it doesn't rain, since I caved the roof in
- I'mma pull up in your face like I know your addy
- I know you seen me skate I got nothin' but decks
Once you've rattled all these off it will be revealed that PhD Monk has been observing the whole time, and you'll move on to the next phase.
Head to Dreamer Court to record sounds for PhD Monk
This is the first major step in this quest that doesn't include a series of answers, but it's still plenty challenging.
Upon arrival at Dreamer Court, you'll find yourself suddenly in a 3v3 pickup game with J. Cole on your team.
You need to reach 21 first and secure the win in order to proceed, and a loss will not allow you to continue.
The good thing is that you'll earn XP and VC and other rewards regardless of whether you win or lose, so no attempt will be without gain.
Bring the sounds you recorded back to PhD Monk
Once you've finished that game, follow the next quest marker and meet back up with PhD Monk.
What follows is the most challenging sequence in the entire quest as you'll need to nail all 12 of these answers:
- Whenever, wherever. Soon as I tough the leather
- Like your kindergarten teacher, I'm giving L's for free
- And I'mma take the rock like I went in that man's wallet
- Crazy how he laced up for the wall of shame
- And don't mumble it's a concrete jungle
- I call a iso, then I put the icing on
- Take off from a free throw, take off the durag
- Cross-over, half-spin, hit 'em with the hop skip
- How you gonna stop this nah how you gonna top this?
- 2K, who you're dealing with? You know I'm a savage
- The rock ain't safe, I'll take the money out your dresser
- You know who I am I'm a national treasure
This is one of the challenges where repeats will only prompt you for something you got incorrect, so that will at least save you some time if you stumble.
Meet Bas at Dreamville
Finally, there's just one more song challenge for you to take on as you meet up with Bas at the Dreamville Studio in The City.
This sequence is fairly similar to the one with PhD Monk while being a bit shorter, and here are the answers you need to give:
- Leave em frozen when I pull up for the jumper
- It's the playoffs, play y'all? Y'all beginners
- My arm in the rim look at shorty below
- Like Dr. J's afro you getting blowed out
- "Smile for the camera" chill? Yeah, no doubt
- This that rolling down the window on the flight feel...NEXT!
Once you've wrapped this up, breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that the hardest parts of It's a Cole World have now been completed.
Final It's a Cole World Quest Objectives
Moving forward, your challenges won't be this difficult or extensive and there aren't any others where you need multiple correct answers to proceed.
Instead, you'll mostly have cutscenes and tasks where you need to play your next NBA game to move forward to the next objective.
Some of these will have "play your next NBA game" as an additional step before you get to the subsequent objective.
You may be required to progress other quests to play that next game in some circumstances, just follow what the game is telling you in order to gain access to play your next NBA game.
Here are each of the final It's a Cole World Objectives and what you'll need to do when they're available:
- Promote your song "Came back to Ball" on 98.9 The Flex
- This will be a basic interview where you choose answers that fir your character and match the Leadership Skills you want to progress.
- There are no wrong answers.
- Coach Graves wants to see you. Head to his office in the locker room
- This is just a cutscene and has no answers to give.
- Stop by Dreamville to talk to Bas
- This is one of the final cutscenes and interactions to wrap things up as you get to meet up with J. Cole and hear a track he created.
- You'll unlock the DJ Station after finishing this objective and be able to use MyBEATS to save your creations.
- J. Cole will be in attendance as you play your next NBA game.
- Nicole Ramone from T'd Up wants to talk. Find her in the tunnel
- After your game, you'll need to meet up with Nicole in the tunnel of The Arena for a quick cutscene that sets up the next objective.
- Meet Nicole Ramone at Rita's for your T'd Up cover story interview
- This is the last part of the It's a Cole World quest with answers involved, but they're all Leadership Skills or Free-Spirit, Corporate, etc influenced.
- There are no wrong answers here, pick what fits your character and earns you the rewards you currently are working towards.
- Meet your crew back at One City Plaza
- This will officially wrap things up as you meet up with your team for one final cutscene that triggers quest completion.
It's a Cole World MyCAREER Rewards
After you've finally knocked out all of the objectives outlined above, you'll get your MyCAREER rewards.
Finishing this quest is required to knock out other core quests like The Classic which have "Win the Music District" as one of the core objectives.
Here are your MyCAREER rewards for finishing It's a Cole World:
- DJ Station
- Select Arena Sounds
- +60,000 MVP Points
- +50 Music
You'll be able to access the DJ Station after the "Stop by Dreamville to talk to Bas" objective at any time by going to Dreamville Studio, which is located across from the Tattoo Shop by the Beasts of the East Affiliation entrance.
The game prompts that you'll also be able to access the DJ Machine via the equipment menu by pressing LB or L1, but that hasn't worked in our experience.
Anything you create and record with the DJ Machine can be saved to MyBEATS and added to the 2K Beats playlists for you to hear in your office, the locker room, or the arena.
For more articles like this, take a look at our NBA 2K page.