We're a few days away from the release date of NBA 2K22, and we've got a glimpse of updates coming to the game.
One of the features with more room for improvement is Takeovers. It's important that NBA 2K22 do something to keep Takeovers fresh, while still keeping their essence and competitive balance.
We've got the info on new Badges coming to the game to compliment the NBA 2K22 Takeovers. Let's go over what we know about Takeovers and how you can claim some early rewards.
UPDATED - New Badges coming to NBA 2K22
We're finding out more about the gameplay changes coming to NBA 2K22, one of the huge upgrades is the 17 new Badges available.
You'll now have an even wider range of Badges to choose from that will up your MyPLAYER's game. Pair it with an incredible Takeover and you'll have an elite MyPLAYER in NBA 2K22.
Here are some Badges you can expect to be added when NBA 2K22 releases!
- Limitless Spot-up: Ability to hit logo-range 3’s off a catch and shoot
- Lucky #7: Boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock
- Mismatch Expert: Ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch
- Glue Hands: Ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble
- Hyperdrive: Boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves
For a full reveal of all the Badges coming to NBA 2K22, follow this link!
What are NBA 2K22 Takeovers?
For those unfamiliar, Takeovers are a big feature of NBA 2K series, similar to Badges. However, they're different in that Takeovers provide temporary attribute boosts when a player gets hot, and players have plenty of options.
One problem, however, is that Takeovers in NBA 2K21 are severely limited on current gen in comparison to next gen, which revamped all of the Takeovers, adding a ton of new options and making them all accessible for all character builds.
This improvement leads us to believe there could be even more done with Takeovers in NBA 2K22.
NBA 2K22 Takeovers we can expect to see
We can only expect that more takeovers will be added once NBA 2K22 is released. However, we can use the best from NBA 2K21 as a reference, and some could even return.
Here's a list of some Takeovers in NBA 2K21 that we could expect in NBA 2K22:
- Advanced Gathers - Unlocks more effective spin, euro, hop step, cradle gathers
- Finishing Moves - Able to absorb contact and finish at the rim
- Easy Blowbys - Enhances ability for slashers to beat defenders off the dribble
- Pull-Up Precision - Boosts well-timed/aimed shots off the dribble
- Anklebreaking Shots - More anklebreakers off of spin and stepback jumpers
- Negative Impact - Reduces defensive impact against pull-ups and other skill shots
- Limitless Range - Extends your shooting range out to the logos
- Spot-Up Precision - Boosts well-timed/aimed stationary jump shots
- Team Ratings Boost - Playmakers boost their teammates' offensive ratings
- Team Takeover Boost - Boosts your teammates' Takeover meter progress
- Team Badge Boost - Boosts your teammates' badges up a tier
- Extreme Clamps - More stone wall and lost dribble body-up resolutions for locks
- Perimeter Badge Drop - Knocks shooting badges down a tier when you get close
- Enhanced Jump Shot Contests - Boosts your ability to contest jumpers
- Stuff Blocks - Unlocks more swat, backboard pins, and grab blocks
- Paint Intimidation - Boosts your ability to affect shots around the rim
- Interior Badge Drop - Drops opposition's scoring badges down a tier in the paint
- Boxout Wall - Improves ability to seal off opponents for easy boards
- See the Future - Shows where missed shots are going to end up
- Glass Clearing Dimes - After rebounds, kick out passes boost your teammate's shooting
- Power Backdowns - Easier to push defenders around when posting up
- Post Playmaking - Boost your teammates' offensive abilities when passing out of post
- Advanced Post Moves - Easier to beat defenders with post moves
- Post Shot Daggers - Increased scoring ability with hooks, fades, shimmy shots etc
Remember, there will likely be even more Takeovers added at the release of NBA 2K22, but we can expect at least some of them to make the cut as well.