With the launch excitement for NBA 2K22 still intact, players are still trying to find the best build for their MyPLAYER.
This is easier said than done as it takes a lot of fine-tuning and experimenting to find the right one for you.
That being said, there is a big difference between what works on current gen systems and next gen systems, as each features an entirely different MyPLAYER Builder.
We've put together a list of the best current gen NBA 2K22 MyPLAYER builds to help you succeed on the hardwood on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
NBA 2K22 Best Current Gen builds
Players on current gen have to play by a different set of rules than the next gen players due to their unique MyPLAYER Builder - one still fitting color pies. However, that doesn't mean that they can't make build an incredible MyPLAYER all the same.
From the guard position to the center, these are some of the great builds out there for current gen players in NBA 2K22!
This is an incredible shooting guard build, but can also work as a point guard build with some maneuvering. It's a score-first build, meaning you'll have to be efficient with the shot meter and take (or create) the right shots to make an impact.
If you can shoot and find ways to get open you'll be an incredible spot-up shooter. In the right hands, you'll be a nightmare to defend in NBA 2K22, and can easily take over as the top scorer in any setting.
Here's how to get started with the Sharpshooting Facilitator build:
- Position: Shooting Guard / Point Guard
- Skill Breakdown Pie Chart: Shooting Primary Chart (70% Green)
- Main Attributes: MAX Shooting except for Post Fade, MAX Finishing, MAX Defense
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 170LBS - Keep the weight low for more speed
- Wingspan: MAX Wingspan
- Takeover: Spot-Up Shooter
- Badges: Shooting: Hot Zone Hunter, Catch & Shoot, Deadeye, Corner Specialist
Looking to lock down players on the perimeter? Here's how you can build a Perimeter Lockdown MyPLAYER.
Glass Cleaning Finisher
Perhaps you aren't looking to be a current gen sharp-shooter and want to focus your attention inside. The Power Forward builds on current gen are fantastic and one of the best positions to play.
With this build you get all the perks of being a big man, but with the ability to move like a guard. You'll have a frame that allows for mobility, but with the strength to rebound and finish down low
Let's get you started on building a Glass Cleaning Finisher MyPLAYER:
- Position: Power Forward
- Skill Breakdown Pie Chart: Finishing / Defense Dominant (Blue / Red)
- Main Attributes: MAX Defense, MAX Finishing
- Height: 6'7" to 6' 9"
- Weight: 190LBS to 200LBS - Keep this around here for speed
- Wingspan: MAX Wingspan
- Takeover: Glass Cleaner
- Badges: Rim Protector, Post Lockdown, Intimidator (must pick)
If you like this Power Forward build, check out our best Power Forward builds in NBA 2K22.
Playmaking Shot Creator
This build is one of the most popular builds for current gen guards in NBA 2K22 and works incredibly well as a Point Guard.
With this build you'll be using perhaps the strongest build in NBA 2K22, making your PG nearly unstoppable on current gen and give yourself the most chance to take over any game you're in.
Here's how you can get started building the Playmaking Shot Creator:
- Position: Point Guard
- Skill Breakdown Pie Chart: Shooting / Playmaking Dominant (Green / Orange)
- Main Attributes: MAX Shooting, MAX Finishing, MAX Playmaking, remainder to Defense
- Height: 6'1" to 6'2"
- Weight: 165LBS to 170LBS
- Wingspan: 81"
- Takeover: Shot Creator, Spot Up Shooter
- Badges: Hot Zone Hunter, Deadeye, Lucky #7
Looking for more Guard builds? Head here to read our favorite Guard builds in NBA 2K22.