Xbox Game Pass is really getting better and better with each passing week. August 2021 was already a fantastic month for Xbox Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate members, and it's continuing to get better. Here's the latest...
NEW GAMES for the rest of August 2021...
Xbox has confirmed that the following games are coming to Xbox's Game Pass service throughout the remainder of the calendar month and beyond...
- Humankind (PC) - August 17th
- Need for Speed Heat (Cloud) - August 17th
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Cloud) - August 17th
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Cloud) - August 17th
- Recompile (Cloud, Console, PC) - August 19th
- Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, PC) - August 19th
- Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, PC) - August 19th
- Psychonauts (Cloud, Console, PC) - August 25th
- Myst (Cloud, Console, PC) - August 26th
In addition to this, ten more Xbox Game Pass games have received Touch Control Support from today onwards. They are as follows:
- Farming Simulator 19
- Going Under
- Need for Speed Heat (EA Play)
- Peggle 2 (EA Play)
- Wasteland 2
- Wasteland 3
- Wasteland Remastered
Looking beyond August 2021's Game Pass offerings...
Xbox recently hosted another indie game showcase and it confirmed some exciting new titles for Xbox Game Pass in the future. The ID@Xbox and Twitch Gaming indie showcase started at 09:00 PST on August 10th and revealed the following for Game Pass members...
- Aragami 2 is coming on September 17th;
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is launching on Game Pass on March 1st, 2022;
- Pupperazzi and Evil Genius 2: World Domination are both coming to Xbox Game Pass soon;
- Stardew Valley is due to arrive "in the fall" and Library of Ruina will also arrive on Game Pass in the future;
We don't have too many specifics yet, but August 2021 looks to be just another fantastic month in Xbox Game Pass' history.
More Confirmed Xbox Game Pass Titles For August
A new list of games has been revealed on the Xbox Wire website, announcing that the original Skate is coming to the service. We'll have the full list and dates below, but here are the highlights.
The other most exciting title is a brand new release called 12 Minutes. In this highly anticipated indie time twister, you'll take on the role of a husband stuck in a time loop in which he and his pregnant wife are attacked by an imposter police officer.
Each gameplay loop will last 12 minutes (fancy that) and in each loop, the goal is to uncover more about the reason why you come under attack and how to ultimately prevent any harm coming to you, your wife and your unborn child. 12 Minutes will launch on Xbox Game Pass on 19 August.
The full lust of games in August is:
- Curse of the Dead Gods – August 5
- Dodgeball Academia – August 5
- Katamari Damacy Reroll – August 5
- Lumines Remastered – August 5
- Skate – August 5
- Skate – August 5
- Starmancer – August 5
- Dirt 4 - August 10
- Dirt Rally - August 10
- Dirt Rally 2.0 - August 10
- F1 2020 - August 10
- Grid - August 10
- Art of Rally – August 12
- 12 Minutes - August 12
- Hades – August 13
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection: Premium Edition – August 17
We'll update this list as more games re revealed.
A selection of games are also leaving the service during August. Those confirmed so far are:
Leaving August 8
- Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console)
Leaving August 15
- Ape Out (PC)
- Crossing Souls (PC)
- Darksiders Genesis (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Don’t Starve (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Final Fantasy VII (Console and PC)
- Train Sim World 2020 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Xbox Game Pass - EA Play Trials
In August you'll also receive early access to a 10 hour trial for Madden 22 which is due for release on 20 August. As with many EA Play trials in the past, it will be available around a week before the game is available.
The Madden 22 EA Play trial will begin on 12 August. You have 10 hours of game time to play through whichever modes you want, but once your trial is up, you have to purchase the game to play further. Progress will carry over if you do this.