Overnight Psyonix has released their latest update to Rocket League, bringing the game up to version 1.92.
The latest rollout of content brings some much needed bug fixes, which you'll find towards the bottom of the page, but more importantly, there's new features!
Namely, the game is getting in the Superbowl spirit with The NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration.
On release of the update, there appeared to be a few matchmaking issues, but those seem to be resolved now. That said, be sure to check out the official support account on Twitter if you run into any issues.
Now, let's take a look at those new patch notes for all the nitty-gritty changes.
Rocket League Update 1.92 Patch Notes
- New Fennec Decals have been added to the Esports Shop
- An ‘Effect Intensity’ drop-down has been added to Video Settings
- The NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration starts February 2
- The NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration starts February 2 at 8 a.m. PST / 4 p.m. UTC. The event includes:
- The new Gridiron LTM will be available as a Casual Playlist
- New Challenges will be available this week. Completing Challenges will unlock new NFL-themed items and XP bonuses
- The NFL Fan Pack will return to the Item Shop February 2 through February 8
- A new Fennec Decal is now available to purchase for all 18 teams in the Esports Shop
CHANGES AND UPDATES
- Based on community feedback, an ‘Effect Intensity’ drop-down has been added to Settings > Video
- Default: All Arena effects operate normally
- Flashing lights and pulsing effects are disabled
- Moving effects, lights, and background visuals are reduced or disabled
- Background light brightness/intensity reduced (where appropriate)
- Music visualization is disabled
- Effect Intensity settings only apply to the ‘Neon Fields’ Arena
- Pro Tiers: Starting with v1.91, Pro Tiers purchase eligibility will depend on a player’s Rocket Pass Tier at the time of purchase
- Players at Tiers 1-40 can purchase any Tier bundle
- Players at Tiers 41-58 can purchase up to 12 Tiers
- Players at Tiers 59-64 can purchase up to 6 Tiers
- Players at Tiers 65-69 can purchase one Tier at a time
- Players at Tiers 70 or above can still unlock Pro Tiers via progression
- Rocket Pass Premium: Players on the free Rocket Pass track at Tier 59 or higher will be able to purchase Rocket Pass Premium, but will not be able to purchase the Premium + 12 Tiers bundle
- In both cases, ineligible players who try to purchase a Premium or Tier Bundle will see an error message.
- Fixed a display error with the Free Challenges not being counted properly
- Tournament Rewards earned on different platforms can now be traded in together
- [Nintendo Switch] Item Shop menu correctly displays the Featured Tab when first selected
- [PlayStation, Xbox] Fixed several crash/freeze scenarios involving linked accounts and/or splitscreen Exhibition Matches
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to trade single Credits
- [PC] Event banners on the Main Menu will now open the Challenges Menu as intended
- Fixed appearance of DigiGlobe and HoloData Goal Explosions in Hoops
- The MVP’s Player Anthem will play even if the other team leaves or forfeits
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed a bug with track resets in music playlists
- Bringing up a music playlist with a keyboard no longer skips the current song
- Fixed a bug with Player 2 Quick Chat in splitscreen