Season 5 is over and Season 6 of Rocket League is finally here. Psyonix has revealed everything that's coming in the new update, including the contents of the Rocket Pass and what the main theme is. Below, we have broken down all the details, including the release date of the Rocket League Season 6 update.
Latest - V2.12 Patch Notes
Ahead of Season 6 beginning, the full patch notes for update 2.12 have been released.
New Arena Variant
- ‘Neo Tokyo (Comic) is now available in Private Matches, and Free Play
Changes and Updates
Report/Block Player Menu
- The Mute/Report Player menu has changed to ‘Report/Block Player’
- Blocking a player from the Report/Block Player menu will prevent you from seeing their text chat during a match
- This will also block you from hearing that player in voice chat when it becomes available in the future
- Blocking a player carries over between matches
- You can unblock players from the same Report/Block Player menu
- Blocking a player you are friends with through Epic Games will remove them from your Epic Games friends list
- The ‘Mute All’ button has been removed
- If you prefer to play with text chat muted, you can go to Settings -Chat - Text Chat Settings, and make changes there
- ‘Rocket League OST Vol. 1’ and ‘Rocket League OST Vol. 2’ music playlists have been removed from the game
- [PlayStation] Fixed a crash scenario involving four-player splitscreen
- [PC] Fixed a bug causing framerate cap to reset on start or when opening the Settings menu
- Fixed a trading error when attempting to trade equipped Avatar Borders and Player Banners
- Fixed a notification display error when looking at new items
- The SARPBC Theme Player Anthem now plays correctly when streamer safe is enabled
- Fixed a bug causing Painted Samurai Car Bodies to lose color on trim when using its Common Decals
- Fixed localization for Tournament queue text
- Fixed appearance of several Painted Excavator Trails
- Fixed a bug causing XVII Decal to change trim color on Marauder
- Centered several Decals for the Insidio Car Body
- The 50th Anniversary and Hot Wheels Race Team Decals for Fast 4WD and MR11 will now change colors when switching teams
- Fixed Exo and Planetarium Paint Finishes on Gizmo
- Fixed a Paint Finish error when using the 2020 Team Liquid decal on Fennec Car Body
Season 6 Animated Theme
As part of the reveal, it was confirmed that Rocket League Season 6 will have an animated theme. You can check out exactly what it looks like in the trailer down below.
Everything new will have a Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic, from the cars to the new arena. It's an exciting change from the standard futuristic style.
Rocket League Season 6 Update Release Date & Time
As for when the content will go live in-game, you haven't got long to wait now.
Rocket League Season 6 kicks off Wednesday, March 9 at about 11am ET/4pm GMT and a game update will be available to download on March 8 at 7pm ET/12am GMT.
As soon as the content is live for you to jump into on Wednesday, we'll be sure to let you know.
The Season 6 Rocket Pass will also follow the animated theme, adding new cars and more to the game.
The Fornax Series will add the stylish Mamba Car and some other re-imagined classics. There will also be Pixelated Shades: Multichrome and the new Troika: Roasted Wheels for you to grab. There is also "a new Shade Raid Goal Explosion that transforms every match into the pages of a comic book."
Elsewhere, a new arena is joining Rocket League with Season 6. The Neo Tokyo (Comic) Variant will be added, fully embracing the animated theme.
As expected, "a new batch of Tournament Rewards is rolling in, and it’s a whole bag of tricks. Toilet paper rolls, heavy dumbbells, and wheels full of teeth all mix together to make some of our zaniest rewards yet."
Later in the season, other content will also be arriving, including a Limited Time Event that features a brand new mode. We don't know what it is, but Psyonix has said "we hope you like bumping!" as a tease.