The next major title update for Rocket League is finaly almost here and Rocket League season 5 is coming with it. Here's what you should know so far.
LATEST - Next season coming tomorrow
Rocket League season 5 is finally coming tomorrow. After weaks of teases and leaks, we can finally almost play it for ourself. Get your game ready and carve out some time to earn those rewards early.
When are the Patch Notes coming?
Rocket League's next title update is due to drop at the following times - ahead of Season 5's official start on November 15th.
- 16:00 November 16th PST
- 19:00 November 16th EST
- 00:00 November 17th GMT
Psyonix has shared the following information - it isn't a set of Season 5 Patch Notes but it does detail some of the new content we're getting.
We should see the full set of Patch Notes release alongside the title update itself, so keep an eye out around the time specified above. For now though, here's what we know...
- New Car - Nexus
- New Arena - Starbase Arc (Aftermath)
- Rocket Pass - Spacedirt Paint Finish, Hyperspace Animated Decal, Cosmosis Goal Explosion
- New LTM - Heatseeker Ricochet on Barricade, Colossus, and Hourglass
PREVIOUS PATCH NOTES - Version 2.07
If you're looking for the Season 5 Patch Notes, we have some bad news for you. We just don't have anything yet. We know Season 5 is likely to add a new car to Rocket League and maybe a new Arena like Season 4's Deadeye Canyon, but we don't know anything about the changes just yet.
Here's what we know about the most-recent Rocket League update, though - version 2.07 - to keep you up to date.
- PsyNet Upgrades
- Update v2.07 is focused on upgrading how in-game items and transactions are stored in PsyNet. Nothing seen in the game client will change, but a client update is needed for the backend upgrades to take effect
- Play Again Button (Competitive)
- A ‘Play Again’ button has been added to the post-match screen
- Pressing the Play Again button will automatically start a search in your selected Competitive Playlists
- If you previously searched for matches in multiple Competitive Playlists, Play Again will search in those same Playlists
- The Play Again button is only visible after Competitive Playlist matches (will not be visible after Casual matches)
In addition to this, the NASCAR 2021 Fan Pack is adding more free content for owners. If you've bought the NASCAR 2021 Fan Pack, you're going to be able to access the decals for five additional teams for free! They are:
- Stewart-Haas Racing (#14) - NASCAR Ford Mustang
- JTG Daugherty Racing (#47) - NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro
- Hendrick Motorsports (#48) - NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro
- Trackhouse Racing (#99) - NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro
- Joe Gibbs Racing (#11) - NASCAR Toyota Camry