The first ever PS5 system software update, which was revealed yesterday, is now out to be downloaded.
If you're wondering how long it'll take to download on your console, we've got everything you need to know about the update file's download size.
PS5 April 2021 System Software Update Download Size
Surprisingly, the update isn't actually very big. Considering what's being added and the fact that it is the console's first ever system software update, we expected it to at least be a few GBs.
More News: PS5 Daily News for Tuesday, April 13
In fact, the April 2021 PS5 System Software Update is only 902.3 GB, so it shouldn't take too long to download.
How to Update System Software
If the update does not download automatically when you turn your PS5 on, you can start it manually.
To do so, follow these steps.
- Select Settings near your profile icon in the top left of the main PS5 menu screen
- Select 'System' from the list of options that appears
- Select 'System Software'
- Select 'System Software Update and Settings'
- Select 'Update System Software' (it should say 'update available' if there's one waiting to be downloaded)
As for what comes in the new PS5 system update, here are the main new features:
- You can now store PS5 Games on Compatible External USB Drives
- Cross-generation Share Play has been added
- You can now request to Join Game Session to play with friends quickly
- New Improved Game Base to make organisation easier
- You can now Disable Game Chat or Adjust Players’ Volume easily
- In the future, you will be able to pre-download game updates, as you already can on PS4
- You can Customize Game Library
- Screen Zoom feature has been added
- There is a New Trophy Settings and Stats Screen
We'll be sure to let you know when the next update is pushed live.