The launch of Chivalry 2, the medieval murder simulator from developer Torn Banner Studios, is almost upon us!
In the follow-up to 2012's Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Chivalry 2 boasts a new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes with a free-flowing combo system to accurately recreate the horrors of the era.
Here is everything you need to know.
Latest - Last Chance to Try the Chivalry 2 Open Beta Ahead of Launch
The final Open Beta for Chivalry 2, live on all platforms, is almost over!
Developers Torn Banner Studios has confirmed that the Beta will end at 4pm BST on Tuesday, June 1, and at 11am ET for North American players.
Check out the action for yourself below:
Release Date & Platforms
Chivalry 2 will launch worldwide on Tuesday, June 8th 2021 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Epic Games Store.
It's unclear whether Chivalry 2 is a timed exclusive or whether it will permanently be exclusive to Epic Games Store, but as of right now there are no plans to bring the game to Steam.
Xbox Game Pass has had many games launch on the service, including Outriders, MLB: The Show 21, and Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance will be released on Game Pass next month.
Chivalry 2 won't be launching on Game Pass, meaning Xbox players will have to purchase the game.
But, it is possible that the game could come to the service at a later date.
A final open beta will take place on May 27th across all platforms with cross-play enabled.
Here is everything you need to know.
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- The Slaughter of Coxwell (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Order seeks to make a brutal example of the peaceful village of Coxwell after it declared support for Argon II. Burn the village, breach the gate, steal the gold, and kill the soldiers.
- The Battle of Darkforest (New Team Objective Map): Agathian forces lie in wait, ready to ambush the Mason army that marches forth to kill the Duke of Fogbern Keep. Destroy the barricade, push the convoy, capture and hold the gatehouse, and kill the Duke.
- The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective Map): After weeks of siege, Agathian forces begin a final assault upon a Mason stronghold defended by the Mason heir. Push the siege towers, capture and hold the gatehouse, burn the tents, push the siege ramps, capture and hold the courtyard, and take down the heir to achieve victory.
- The Battle of Wardenglade (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): The armies of the Mason Order and Agathian Knights meet in an evenly matched open field of battle.
- Tournament Grounds (Team Deathmatch/FFA Map): Elite warriors of the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights fight for supremacy and adoration of the crowd.
- Free-for-All (New Game Mode): It’s you versus everyone else in this chaotic free-for-all frenzy appearing for the first time in the Cross-Play Open Beta.
- Full Customization (New for Open Beta): Customize your in-game appearance and unlock a wide variety of cosmetic options as you earn experience with each of the game’s four base classes and 12 sub-classes.
- Duel Servers (New for Open Beta): Available for PC only, players can choose to enter special servers set up for players looking to hone their 1-on-1 dueling skills with other players. Participants are asked to abide by the honor system and respect players aiming to focus on 1-on-1 duels.
- 64/40 Player Server Options (New for Open Beta): Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones. For players interested in more strategic battles requiring more communication and teamwork, options to join 40-player servers for Team Objective mode will also be available.
- Same Platform Parties (New for Open Beta): Players can now group up and form a party on the same platform before joining a Cross-Play match.
Check out the Chivalry 2 trailer below.
Pre-orders for the game are now live and can be purchased from various retail outlets such as Amazon or Best Buy.
But, here are the digital store links for each platform.
A Special Edition version of the game is available to pre-order and will include the following items.
Jousting Knight Armor
- Take to the tournament grounds in the glorious Jousting Knight armor, available in unique sets for both Mason and Agatha Knights.
- Wield the legendary Royal Broadsword to show allies and enemies alike who the true leader on the battlefield is.
Gold Horseman's Axe
- Cleave heads in style with the Gold Horseman's Axe, and try not to spoil its intricate metalwork design as you're doing so!
Roses Novelty Item
- Express your love for battle with the Roses novelty item, added to your spawn-in inventory
1000 Crowns + 5000 Gold
Receive 1000 Crowns (premium currency) - and 5000 Gold (earnable currency), used to unlock new armor, weapon appearances and more!
Cull your enemies with the Royal Zweihänder, a two-handed beast of a weapon. Perfect for when you're surrounded and ready to go down in a frenzy of bloody glory.