FIFA 20 Career Mode: New Premier League winter break forms part of improve scheduling
EA made some interesting adjustments to an ongoing problem in the popular game mode.
Some key features to arrive on FIFA 20 Career mode may or may not have lit up your eyes. New player potential dynamic, morale adjustments and player conversations to name a few.
But the main one to consider is that EA finally responded to one of the most frustrating features of past Career modes.
FIFA 20 will no longer have the problem of a congested run of games that seems to occur more often than not in your Career Mode.
EA have undergone the following changes to address the situation of fixture congestion issues. In the recent Career Mode deep dive in the Pitch Notes they said:
“The winter break roll out this season as well as the removal of the FA Cup 5th Round Replay have improved fixture congestion issues in English leagues.
“We’ve slightly altered the authentic schedule of the English Championship by pushing its completion to a later date. This ensures that schedule conflict situations between Championship rounds and European football nights aren’t possible.”
In almost every Career mode you have played in there was one month that was pumped with games back to back or a day before a cup tie, especially if you go deep into a few competitions.
“A lot of the congestion issues reported by the community were happening with mid-week league rounds happening at the same time as European football, which, although unlikely in the real world, is a common occurrence in Career Mode.”
At least now our players can take a breather before playing their next match without the risk of a dip in results or putting out the reserves.
For the first time, you will be able to create your customisable manager. This includes, body type, skin tone, clothing and hairstyles.
Also, for the first time, you can choose to be a female manager.
The authentic branding of the Premier League, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, MLS, Champions League and the Europa League will appear through the dynamic UI in Career mode.
- Added an option to disable International Management job offers at the start of a new career
- Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth
- Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players
- Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation
- Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity
- Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season
- League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings
- Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs
- Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting 11 – Moving forward you should see fewer instances where the opponent isn’t using their prime starting 11 in important matches.
- Re-adjusted the number of different game saves to eight