FIFA 19 offered so much, but gave very little. The addition of the UEFA Champions League and new fun kick-off modes got fans excited, but the gameplay of what was meant to be the best ever FIFA game let the entire show down. It was back to the drawing board for EA Sports, but a year has passed and E3, and EA Play in particular, provides the platform to get the first look at FIFA 20.
At E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, other games will be on show of course, with the event taking place from Tuesday, 11 to Friday 14, June in Los Angeles. From a FIFA point of view, you can imagine fans and EA bosses will cast an eye to see what PES 2020’s response is, with the Konami title smelling blood after a difficult year for their biggest rival.
RealSport runs through everything you need to know on all things FIFA 20 at E3 this summer.
What we know so far
EA have confirmed an E3 livestream on all things FIFA 20 on June 8 at 7pm BST (11am PDT / 2pm EDT), hosted by esports commentator Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez. On show will be some gameplay improvements (see below), “as well as some other surprises”. The stream is part of EA Play, with the full schedule as follows:
- 9:30am PDT / 12:30pm EDT / 5:30pm BST Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EST / 6:00pm BST Apex Legends
- 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT / 6:30pm BST Battlefield V
- 11:00am PDT / 2:00pm EDT / 7:00pm BST FIFA 20
- 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EDT / 7:30pm BST Madden NFL 20
- 12:00pm PDT / 15:00pm EDT / 8:00pm BST The Sims 4
You can view the countdown to FIFA 20 at EA Play here, with a 'game-changing announcement' the headlining act.