The F1 2021 season continues next weekend with the Austrian GP!
LATEST - Verstappen Wins Styrian GP, Austria Up Next
Max Verstappen dominated the field to take home the points in Red Bull's home GP. If this result means anything for next week's Austrian GP on the same track, his lead at the top will only grow larger.
You have to feel for George Russell though who after missing out on Q3 by 0.008, was driving a blinder in 8th before mechanical issues forced him to withdraw. The sooner he gets his Mercedes offer, the better.
Turkish Grand Prix to rejoin 2021 Formula 1 calendar
Following the news that the Marina Bay race cannot go ahead as planned on October 3rd, F1 will instead be racing around Intercity Istanbul Park – the circuit where Lewis Hamilton clinched his seventh World Championship title last year.
Earlier this season the Turkish Grand Prix was removed from the calendar due to international travel restrictions but at the time the promoter had requested the potential to re-join the calendar later in the season if possible.
Austrian GP Circuit Guide
The drivers will head to the Red Bull Ring for the Austrian Grand Prix.
The Red Bull Ring will host the next two races and is another exciting track for competitive racing.
Number of Laps: 71
Circuit Length: 4.318km
Race Distance: 306.452 km
Lap Record: 1:05.619 - Carlos Sainz (2020)
Austrian Grand Prix Weekend Timetable
Practice 1 - Friday, 2 July - 5:30-6:30am / 10:30-11:30am BST / 11:30-12:30pm CET
Practice 2 - Friday, 2 July - 9-10am ET / 2-3m BST / 3-4pm CET
Practice 3 - Saturday, 3 July - 6-7am ET / 11am-12pm BST / 12pm-1pm CET
Qualifying - Saturday, 3 July - 9-10am ET / 2-3pm BST / 3-4pm CET
Race - Sunday, 4 July - 9-11am ET / 2-4pm BST / 3-5pm CET
How to watch the Austrian Grand Prix
You can watch the Austrian Grand Prix and every other race, qualifying and practise sessions this season, on Sky Sports F1, which costs £18 per month on Sky TV, or £43 per month if you are new to Sky.
Sky Sports Austrian GP Schedule
- Practice 1 - From 10am on Friday, 2 July (Sky Sports F1 HD)
- Practice 2 - From 1:45pm on Friday, 2 July (Sky Sports F1 HD)
- Practice 3 - From 10:45am on Saturday, 3 July (Sky Sports F1 HD)
- Qualifying - From 1pm on Saturday, 3 July (Sky Sports F1 HD)
- Grand Prix Sunday - From 12:30pm (Race from 2pm) on Sunday, 4 July (Sky Sports F1 HD)
All times UK.
There will also be extended highlights of the Austrian GP on Channel 4.
Channel 4 Austrian GP Schedule
- Qualifying Highlights - Saturday, 3 July (time tbc)
- Grand Prix Highlights - Sunday, 4 July (time tbc)
All times UK.
In the USA, it's ESPN that will be providing comprehensive coverage of the 2021 Austrian Grand Prix and provide races on every other circuit in the months to come.
ESPN Austrian Schedule
- Practice 1 - Friday, 2 July - From 5:25am (ESPN 2)
- Practice 2 - Friday, 2 July - From 8:55am (ESPN U)
- Practice 3 - Saturday, 3 July - From 5:55am (ESPN 2)
- Qualifying - Saturday, 3 July - From 8:55am (ESPN 2)
- Grand Prix Sunday - Sunday, 4 July - From 7:30am (race at 9am) (ESPN)
All times Eastern.