Blizzard has finally revealed the upcoming WoW Dragonflight release date, which will be the game's ninth retail expansion.
Along with some other launch schedule reveals, let's dive right into all the details we've learned about when WoW Dragonflight and its content will go live!
WoW Dragonflight Release Date REVEALED
The WoW Dragonflight release date will be November 28th, per Blizzard directly, which means it's time to mark it off on your calendars.
This finally focuses in on the previously loose launch window of "by the end of 2022."
This puts WoW Dragonflight's launch roughly two months out from the launch of WoW Classic WotLK. Thankfully, that gives some time for both player bases to come together for both games over the end of the year.
While this was of course the biggest detail Blizzard revealed about Dragonflight, it wasn't the only one.
WoW Dragonflight Launch Schedule: Raids, XP Buff & more
Along with the big announcement, Blizzard also outlined the launch schedule for its raids, Mythic dungeons rotation, and the release date of its 50% XP buff, Winds of Wisdom.
Winds of Wisdom XP Buff
The first major release in the leadup to Dragonflight will be the 50% XP buff called Winds of Wisdom. This buff will mirror the Joyous Journeys XP buff that went live in WoW Classic in the leadup to Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
This buff will go live on all servers on October 4th with local realm resets.
For those looking to get right into the massive PVE content Dragonflight will have on offer, we finally have a launch schedule for the expansion's raids.
This breaks down to:
- December 12th: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Vault of the Incarnates will open with the weekly maintenance for each region
- December 19th: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 1 opens
- January 2nd: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 2 opens
- January 16th: Vault of the Incarnates Raid Finder Wing 3 opens
Dungeons (Dragonflight Season 1 Mythic+ Dungeon Rotation)
WoW Dragonflight dungeons will be available from the game's launch, but Blizzard did reveal the Mythic+ dungeon rotation which will include some of Dragonflight's dungeons and some throwbacks from previous expansions.
- Ruby Life Pools
- The Nokhud Offensive
- The Azure Vault
- Algeth’ar Academy
- Halls of Valor (from the Legion™ expansion)
- Court of Stars (from the Legion™ expansion)
- Shadowmoon Burial Grounds (from the Warlords of Draenor™ expansion)
- Temple of the Jade Serpent (from the Mists of Pandaria™ expansion)