In Clash of Clans, competition is stiff, so you are going to need every advantage you can get in order to come out ahead of your rivals, and Super Troops can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
Super Troops are a unique upgrade to your existing units, and knowing when and how to use them is going to be a crucial part of the Clash of Clans meta going forward. Let's take a look at what Super Troops are and how best to use them:
What are Super Troops & When Should You Use Them?
Introduced in the Spring 2020 update, Super Troops are a powered-up version of your existing units that are available for a limited time.
You are able to upgrade a specific unit type by interacting with the barrel-shaped building that is next to the trader, provided that the Town Hall in your Home Village is sufficiently upgraded.
Using Super Troops is super easy, although there are a few limitations and factors you should be aware of:
- Your village must be at least Town Hall 11.
- Troops must meet the level requirement in order to be powered up into their Super version.
- Once your Troop has been Super’d, that Super Troop is available for one week.
- While active, your Super Troop replaces the normal version in the Barracks. You can only train the Super version if that power-up is currently active.
- You can donate Super Troops as reinforcements to Clanmates.
- Once the Super buff has expired, the unused Super Troops will remain in your Barracks until they are used or donated.
- After the 7 days have passed, you will not be able to use the same Super Troop again for another 7 days. However, you may still turn your other available Troops into their Super versions.
- Only one Super buff is available at a time.
- Every Super Troop has an available trial mode that allows you to perform a special practice attack using that specific Super Troop so you can test drive it before you commit to the Super buff.
As such, you should save using the Super Troop upgrade for a particularly tough encounter, as only one unit type can be upgraded at a time and there is a significant cooldown before you are able to upgrade the same unit again.
There are currently only four units that can be upgraded (Super Barbarian, Sneaky Goblin, Super Wall Breaker and Super Giant), although new types of Super Troops are coming in future updates.
That's everything you need to know about Super Troops in Clash of Clans. We will be sure to keep an eye out for the next update and update you on the release of any additional Super Troop types!
For more articles like this, take a look at our More page.