The WoW Shadowlands Weekly Reset is almost here, bringing a ton of new content to the game, and taking its servers down for an inexact amount of time.
Let's go over what we expect for the Shadowlands Weekly Reset on 12 January, including any hotfix updates, the new World Boss, Covenant quests, and more.
WoW Shadowlands Weekly Reset
The WoW Shadowlands Weekly Reset is nearly here!
WoW Shadowlands servers are back up now after the Weely Reset!
This means it's time to hop in, open your Great Vault, tackle a new World Boss, and get ready to complete new Covenant and Maw questlines.
This week's Shadowlands Weekly Reset will bring servers down from 10-11am EST, but this could be extended depending on any issues, and how much Blizzard adds to the game this time around.
The longest Shadowlands Weekly Reset since launch was roughly 5 hours of downtime, but it's been much calmer since.
Despite a break in regular WoW Shadowlands hotfix updates, Blizzard is back to it, helping clean up the game across the board.
The latest hotfix went live on January 11th, with many of its changes going live at the end of the Shadowlands Weekly Reset.
It includes the following patch notes and Shadowlands balance changes:
- The achievement Parasoling will now correctly display your current progress.
- Death Knight
- [With regional restarts] Bone Shield grants armor equal to 70% of Strength (was 50%).
- [With regional restarts] All damage is increased by an additional 2% while a two-handed weapon is equipped.
- [With regional restarts] Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae Ability) no longer attempts to cast spells at targets affected by Cyclone and will no longer ignore targets affected by crowd control abilities that break on damage, such as Entangling Roots or Mass Entanglement.
- [With regional restarts] All damage abilities increased by 9%.
- [With regional restarts] All damage abilities increased by 8%.
- [With regional restarts] All damage abilities increased by 8%, except for Bladestorm (Talent) and Dragon Roar (Talent).
- [With regional restarts] Meat Cleaver (Talent) now increases Whirlwind’s damage by 25% (was 30%).
Dungeons and Raids
- Theater of Pain
- Draw Soul should no longer apply Soulless to Warriors while Bladestorm is active.
Items and Rewards
- The Stamina from Tempered Armor Patch has been reduced to 24 (was 50) and can only be applied to items worn on the chest to match the Heavy Desolate Armor Kit.
- Developers’ note: This item was always meant to be a lesser version of Heavy Desolate Armor Kit that you can earn as a rare drop or rare find on a vendor, but this item was accidentally missed when the Heavy Desolate Armor Kit was changed in Beta. The tooltip will be updated to reflect the change in a future hotfix or patch.
Player versus Player
- Resolved an issue that prevented the base status User Interface from displaying the correct base icons in the Arathi Basin battleground.
- Resolved an issue that prevented the Orb of Power icons from being displayed on the Temple of Kotmogu battleground map while they are at their pedestals.
- Resolved an issue that caused Evasion (Rank 2) to fail to strike the target with Main Gauche while Evasion is active.
- Resolved an issue that caused the interaction of a Paladin's Eye for an Eye (Talent) and Evasion (Rank 2) to deal more damage than intended.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- The door to the next floor is once again locked until the Empowered enemy guarding it is defeated.
- Anima Powers
- Fixed an issue where Pact of Infernal Intimacy stacks would reset when using portals on certain floors.
Each week Shadowlands gets a new World Boss with the Weekly Reset. According to the World Boss rotation calendar, this should be Oranomonos the Everbranching in Ardenweald.
To read over Oranomonos the Everbranching, including the loot table and mechanics, you can go over our Shadowlands World Boss guide here.
Covenant, Maw Quests
Each Shadowlands Weekly Reset brings a brand new set of Covenant quests and things to do in The Maw/Torghast.
This reset will be no different, so expect new ways to be able to earn Soul Ash, Renown, and other valuable resources while pushing the main story.
Perhaps the most exciting part of the WoW Shadowlands Weekly Reset is getting to crack open your Great Vault once more.
This can lead to some of the best gear in the game depending on which content you've done in the previous week!