After players have struggled this week, Blizzard is nerfing Torghast, Tower of the Damned in the next WoW Shadowlands update.
This includes health and damage adjustments, anima power changes, boss changes, and more in an effort to lower the required time to complete Torghast and make it more accessible for all specs.
Let's go into the new WoW Shadowlads Torghast update's patch notes.
Latest News - Weekly Reset Arrives
The new Weekly Reset shakes up a few things in Shadowlands, and even in Torghast, Tower of the Damned.
First, it introduces new Torghast quests from your Covenant, as well as Oribos.
These quests advance the story depending on how many weeks you've completed them.
Along with this, we have new Torghast wings with the same number of available Layers to push for more Soul Ash.
WoW Shadowlands Torghast Nerfs
The newest WoW Shadowlands update nerfs Torghast to be more accessible for all specs, and take less of a time commitment.
This change has been asked for relentlessly by players, so this is a fantastic move overall.
Let's dive right into the new Shadowlands Torghast nerfs in the latest update's patch notes as described in a recent Blue Post.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned Changes
These changes affect Torghast, Tower of the Damned no matter which wing you run.
- Health and damage of all creatures in Torghast reduced by 6% at Layer 1, increasing to 26% at Layer 8.
- Developers’ note: The net effect should be that Layer 8 is now roughly as difficult as Layer 6 was prior to this change, with other Layers’ difficulty is reduced proportionally.
- Health of all creatures reduced for players in groups by up to 25%.
- Damage of all creatures reduced for 4- and 5-player groups by up to 20%.
- When the Empowered enemy at the end of a floor is a spellcaster, they should now have a longer delay between their basic magic damage spells.
- Developers’ note: The goal of this change is to make powerful spellcasters less punishing for specializations that lack a frequent interrupt.
- For all classes, major cooldowns will now reset when you transition to a new floor.
- Developers’ note: This functionality should mirror the way cooldowns reset at the end of a raid encounter, or when starting a Mythic Keystone dungeon, affecting most abilities with a cooldown of 3 minutes or longer.
Anima Powers and Cells
Anima Powers are an important part of a Torghast run, and can be the difference between an absurdly strong build and being too weak to complete a wing.
- The starting Anima Cell in Torghast now offers a stronger selection of Anima powers
- Anima Cells dropped by rare creatures within Torghast now always have at least 3 choices to choose from
- The chance for an Anima Cell to drop from a creature on any given floor has been increased
- Unnatural Power no longer provides immunity to crowd controlling effects at 10 stacks
Torghast, Tower of the Damned enemies can be surprisingly powerful, and take some strategy to overcome.
- Massive Crusher’s Armor Plating cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 1 second) and can be interrupted and/or dispelled. Recast time increased to 16 seconds (was 8 seconds)
- Tower Sentinel’s Oppressive Aura haste reduction and slow now scales up to 10% (was 25%)
- Deadsoul Chorus’s Death Blast now reduces healing received by 15% and stacks 5 times (was 25% and stacks 4 times)
- Skeletal Remains and Lumbering Creation’s Bone Shrapnel now marks the ground and then explodes after 2 seconds, giving players time to move away (was instant)
- Deadsoul Stalker now fades away after 15 melee attacks (was 7) and remains hidden for 15 seconds (was 30 seconds)
- Deadsoul Devil now reincarnates with 15% health remaining (was at 40% health)
Torghast, Tower of the Damned bosses scale massively in higher layers - so some new nerfs have been introduced to help players get through.
- Elder Longbranch's Bounty of the Forest cast time increased to 4 seconds (was 2 seconds), time between casts increased to 45 seconds (was 30 seconds), and Hardened Shell now only requires 6 attacks or skills to remove (was 9 attacks)
- Decayspeaker’s Hardened Shell now only requires 6 attacks or skills to remove (was 9 attacks)
- Goxul the Devourer’s Health and damage decreased by 10%, and time between casts of Mass Devour increased to 36 seconds (was 18 seconds)
Torments and Upper Reaches
Torments are debuffs that affect players in different Torghast wings. These debuffs can at times be backbreaking, so they're getting some nerfs in the new Shadowlands Torghast Update.
- Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus enemies’ health and damage reduced by 50%, now increase assassin health by 5% per stack (was 10%)
- Fracturing Forces and Eye of Skoldus enemies will no longer ambush players who have recently been in combat
- The Jailer’s Directive now increases health by 10% (was 50%)
WoW Shadowlands Hotfix
These massive Torghast changes joined many other WoW Shadowlands hotfixes in the last few days, which include class balance changes, Castle Nathria nerfs, bug fixes, and plenty more.