WoW Shadowlands is moving on to another massive week - which means new Great Vault rewards, cap resets, and more!
But one thing that may confuse players at first is a Great Vault reward (and a drop from Castle Nathria) - the Anima Spherules, and Anima Beads.
So what is an Anima Spherule or Anima Bead, and what does it offer?
Shadowlands Anima Spherules and Beads
Most classes in WoW Shadowlands are significantly driven by their weapons - this includes melee classes most of all.
For these classes, getting an Anima Spherule in Shadowlands should be celebrated, because it means a weapon drop from your Covenant!
To cash in your weapon drop, you must take the Anima Spherule or Bead to the vendor in your Covenant Hall.
You'll be able to choose from a number of different weapons that are of the same Ilvl as your Anima Spherule or Bead
Anima Spherules and Beads are for the following classes:
- Abominable Anima Spherule - Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Warlock
- Apogee Anima Bead (shield, offhand) - Monk, Paladin, Priest, Warrior
- Mystic Anima Spherule - Druid, Hunter, Mage
- Thaumaturgic Anima Bead (shield, offhand) - Druid, Mage, Shaman, Warlock
- Venerated Anima Spherule - Paladin, Priest, Shaman
- Zenith Anima Spherule - Monk, Rogue, Warrior
Shadowlands Great Vault
While Anima Spherules and Beads are some of the most sought drops from many player's weekly Great Vault chest, it's far from the only option.
For players pushing high level Mythic keystone dungeons or pushing high arena rating, it's likely your Great Vault has higher Ilvl rewards than what the Mystic Anima Spherule offers for players completing bosses below Mythic Castle Nathria level.
This is why it's so important to complete all weekly Great Vault milestones and push the ilvl of gear offered by these milestones, as you'll be able to choose the cream of the crop.
WoW Shadowlands Hotfix 22 December
A new Shadowlands hotfix update has been pushed on 22 December.
This joins a long list of hotfix changes that have affected class balance, Castle Nathria, and plenty more.
Below are the patch notes for the 22 December WoW Shadowlands hotfix update as posted by Blizzard:
- Resolved an issue where some players that interacted with Anima Crystal Shards in Bastion were not receiving credit towards Shard Labor.
- Fixed an issue where Favorited items would disappear after a sudden disconnect.
- Death Knight
- Heartstop Aura (PvP Talent) will no longer affect the cooldown of Gladiator's Medallion.
- Fixed an issue with Flow of Time (Conduit) not reducing the Shimmer (Talent) cooldown by the appropriate amount at higher item levels.
- Night Fae
- The enemies required for “Minions of Mueh’zala” now respawn faster.
Creatures and NPCs
- Larion Treats can no longer be used in instances, nor can the larions aid you in instances.
- Corrupted Cloudfeathers can no longer be skinned.
Dungeons and Raids
- Castle Nathria
- [With regional restarts] Fixed an issue where players couldn’t summon party members with a Warlock portal inside Castle Nathria on Mythic difficulty.
- Artificer Xy’mox
- Resolved an issue where abilities would change their sequence if Artificer Xy’mox changes phases before casting Dimensional Tear.
- Glyph of Destruction now applies to targets that are not in line of sight.
- Lady Inerva Darkvein
- Warrior's Spell Reflect will no longer negate the Expose Desires ability.
- Council of Blood
- Fixed an issue preventing Dancing Fever from being reapplied properly on Mythic difficulty.
- Sire Denathrius
- Fixed an issue where Dusk Elegy was not correctly reducing incoming healing.
- De Other Side
- Increased the time to complete the dungeon by 2 minutes on Mythic Keystone difficulty.
- The Necrotic Wake
- The damage against enemies with Flesh Crafter’s Throw Cleaver no longer increases with stacks of Bolster from the Bolstering Affix on Mythic Keystone difficulty.
- Sanguine Depths
- Executor Tarvold
- Castigate now inflicts damage every 1 second (was 0.75 seconds).
Items and Rewards
- Fixed an issue with Sephuz's Proclamation (Legendary Effect) granting its buff regardless of whether the crowd controlling ability was successful or not.
- Vanndar Stormpike peered across the Alterac Valley battleground and saw that his adversary's health was 20% higher than his own. Not to be outdone, Vanndar has put in the work and increased his own health by 20%.
Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Anima Powers
- Multiple Elethium anima powers will no longer appear in the same Anima Cell. In addition, their elemental damage and healing penalties have been reduced to -25% (was -75%).