The latest WoW Classic update from Blizzard has only just dropped, so fans were expecting to load into a fairly buggy launch. Blizzard has seen a few of these in their time and it's, unfortunately, become a bit of an expectation for World of Warcraft players.
Looking at the current list of commonly reported problems for WoW Classic TBC, though, tells a different story...
Commonly Reported Issues, So Far
At the moment, Blizzard has compiled a list of all the commonly reported issues players are facing in WoW Classic TBC. This isn't anything too surprising, as no game launch and/or update ever goes off fully without a hitch. However, the list is surprisingly quite short and shouldn't cause anyone any major issues.
- Didn't Receive Weapons or Mount with Dark Portal Pass Boost
- Talents reset and/or gained ranks in inactive talents
- Chose Wrong Shattrath Reputation
- Combined Motes did not create a Primal
- Spell Damage and Healing stats on Uncommon gear are not working
As you can see, there isn't anything too major wrong and Blizzard has Support Pages for each of these issues on their site. There are also the following trending issues, which are all reflected above:
- Most searched today (03/06/21):
- [Item] Spell Damage and Healing stats on Uncommon gear are not working
- [Item] Combined Motes did not create a Primal
- [Character] Switching between Aldor/Scryer Reputation
- [Character] Didn't Receive Weapons or Mount with Dark Portal Pass Boost
- [Character] Talents reset and/or gained ranks in inactive talents
Blizzard has also made a note that there is an issue with submitting a ticket through WoW Classic TBC's in-game submission methods. However, this can be done on the Blizzard Support site and is being worked on as we speak.
What Does This Mean?
Aside from the obvious, that the aforementioned issues are present in-game, it means that WoW Classic TBC's launch has been a surprisingly successful one. We know it isn't perfect, but there have been relatively few technical issues.
When we use the term "relatively few", we actually mean that there are "no issues currently being tracked". This isn't something you see very often on a Blizzard Support page but we're sure that this will be a welcome sight to both players looking to jump into WoW Classic TBC and the development team behind it.
This isn't to say that the list above is a definitive account of all the issues in WoW Classic TBC. As you can imagine, these things change with time and there could be another issue or two out there that has yet to surface on any noticeable scale. It's worth keeping an eye on the WoW Classic TBC Support Page for the latest information on the commonly reported issues and any help in sorting those out.
For now, though, it looks like it's smooth sailing...