This patch has a huge focus on the maps of the game. However, it also tackles disruptive behaviour.
Additionally, Riot is always great at listening to fans and this is most evident with this update to Valorant.
Valorant patch 5.05 was fairly small with some minor bug fixes being addressed.
So, let's take a look at the full patch notes for Valorant patch 5.06 and see how they will affect the game.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
Full patch notes for Valorant patch 5.06
Valorant Weapon Updates
- Primary Fire error adjusted from 1.6 error after 7 bullets >>> 1.3 error after 6 bullets
- Alt-Fire first shot error adjusted from .5 >>> .35
- B Main - Lowered waist-high wall on the left side of B Mainso that it can no longer completely hide anyone.
- Mid Shops - Clearing this area in Mid Shops is harder than we intended. By extending the platform, we're still keeping some of the holding power for attackers, but making it easier to push this area.
- Mid Shops to Mid Plaza - This is another spot on Mid Shops that’s proven to be painful to clear when trying to move through mid. So we’ve removed one of the corners.
- Mid Top - Mid currently favours attackers so we've pushed in a wall on Mid Top, to remove a 50-50 check. This should make it slightly easier for defenders to challenge mid.
- A Art - We noticed the difficulty both sides have had moving effectively through A Art. We’re simplifying the space so there are fewer areas to check.
- B Link - This box provides a good piece of cover for Attackers pushing B link, but it’s been tough to re-clear for defenders. We’re keeping a little attacker-side power, but making it easier for defenders to manage. However, the stack of boxes cover closer to the site will shift from the left side to the right, to simplify the number of angles approaching players needs to consider, as well as close a difficult sightline to B Hall.
- A Main - Removing a cut out on the wall of A Main to simplify the space, which should also make this area slightly easier for defenders to aggro into.
- A Main to A Site - This spot was unnecessarily tough to smoke effectively. By tightening the choke by a margin, we hope to make smoking easier and give a small buff to defenders (i.e, a new utility spot). The cubby on the right will also shrink slightly to keep it from being too deep.
Social Updates in patch 5.06
Disruptive Gameplay-based Behavior Indicator
- We've introduced a feature that will show at the end of the game screen, which players have been detected for engaging in disruptive gameplay-based behaviour.
- This has been added to the following game modes: Unrated, Competitive, Spike Rush, and Replication, with more game modes to follow in the near future.
- Fixed issue with KAY/O’s Zero/point sometimes incorrectly displaying enemies that were hit on KAY/O’s UI
- Fixed a bug where Clutch Mutes would persist after the match ended
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from being able to respond to a whisper by clicking on the Riot ID of the player who sent the whisper in Chat
- Fixed a bug that caused the Social Panel to close when right-clicking into the Friend Note text field
- Fixed a bug where pending invites would not disappear after all friends have left the Party
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect system message was sent when accepting a friend request via the Match Tab in-game