Sunderland are back in the Championship for the first time since 2017-18, after they secured promotion via victory in the League One Play-Off Final last time out.
The Black Cats will be looking for a positive return to Championship football, as they look to build to an eventual aim of a return to the Premier League.
But how will their fixture list shape up in the 2022/23 season? Let's take a look.
Sunderland Championship Schedule 2022/23
Sunderland will begin their campaign with a home date against Coventry City, in what is sure to be a bouncing Stadium of Light. They will end their campaign on the road, as they travel to Deepdale to face Preston North End.
- Coventry City (H) - July 31st
- Bristol City (A) - August 6th
- Queens Park Rangers (H) - August 13th
- Sheffield United (A) - August 16th
- Stoke City (A) - August 20th
- Norwich City (H) - August 27th
- Rotherham United (H) - August 31st
- Middlesbrough (A) - September 3rd
- Millwall (H) - September 10th
- Reading (A) - September 14th
- Watford (A) - September 17th
- Preston North End (H) - October 1st
- Blackpool (H) - October 4th
- Swansea City (A) - October 8th
- Wigan Athletic (H) - October 15th
- Blackburn Rovers (A) - October 18th
- Burnley (H) - October 22nd
- Luton Town (A) - October 29th
- Huddersfield Town (A) - November 2nd
- Cardiff City (H) - November 5th
- Birmingham City (A) - November 12th
- West Bromwich Albion (H) - December 10th
- Hull City (A) - December 17th
- Blackburn Rovers (H) - December 26th
- Wigan Athletic (A) - December 29th
- Blackpool (A) - January 1st
- Swansea City (H) - January 14th
- Middlesbrough (H) - January 21st
- Rotherham United (A) - January 28th
- Millwall (A) - February 4th
- Reading (H) - February 11th
- Queens Park Rangers (A) - February 14th
- Bristol City (H) - February 18th
- Coventry City (A) - February 25th
- Stoke City (H) - March 4th
- Norwich City (A) - March 11th
- Sheffield United (H) - March 15th
- Luton Town (H) - March 18th
- Burnley (A) - April 1st
- Hull City (H) - April 7th
- Cardiff City (A) - April 10th
- Birmingham City (H) - April 15th
- Huddersfield Town (H) - April 18th
- West Bromwich Albion (A) - April 22nd
- Watford (H) - April 29th
- Preston North End (A) - May 6th
2022/23 EFL Championship Key Dates
The 2022/23 EFL Championship campaign will be a little more complex than usual, as the competition will be paused over the winter months due to the upcoming World Cup in Qatar.
The EFL Championship season will begin on July 30th, with the competition running as normal until November 12th, when the season will be halted for the beginning of the FIFA World Cup.
The Championship will resume on December 10th, with the regular season then running through until completion on May 6th.
At this point, attention will turn toward the EFL Championship Play-Offs, which will come to a conclusion on Monday, May 29th.