The 2022 British Open got underway yesterday, and it's safe to say it didn't quite go to plan for some of the biggest names in the world of snooker.
Both Ronnie O'Sullivan and Shaun Murphy suffered first-round exits at the hands of Alexander Ursenbacher and Gary Wilson respectively.
The action continues this afternoon, as the likes of John Higgins and Mark Selby take to the table at the Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes.
Here are all of the fixtures and results from the British Open on Tuesday, September 27th.
British Open Day 2 Fixtures & Results
Here are all the fixtures and results from Day 2 of the 2022 British Open.
- Zhang Jiankang 3-4 Jak Jones
- John Astley X-X Chang Bingyu
- David Gilbert 3-4 Lyu Hoatian
- Graeme Dott 4-1 Anthony McGill
- Jordan Brown vs Ng On Yee
- Lu Ning vs Zhou Yuelong
- Xiao Guodong vs Peter Lines
- Zhao Xintong vs Stuart Bingham
- Craig Steadman vs Ben Mertens
- Dylan Emery vs Cao Yupeng
- John Higgins vs Yuan Sijun
- Mark Selby vs Mark Joyce
- Anthony Hamilton vs Jamie Clarke
- Jack Lisowski vs Mitchell Mann
- Kyren Wilson vs Barry Hawkins
- Robbie Williams vs Lukas Kleckers
- Alexander Ursenbacher vs Joe O'Connor
- Ben Woollaston vs Mark Williams
- Jamie Jones vs Elliot Slessor
- Seven Hallworth vs Hammad Miah
British Open First Round Format
For the first round of the British Open, matches will be played in a best-of-seven format, with a one-frame shootout should the players find themselves tied after the first six frames have been completed.
Players will not be obliged to win by two clear frames during the first round of action.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Sports page.