Season 6 is finally here, but update 2.12 is ready to download first. It's out now on all platforms, but you'll want to know what it's changed in-game. Here are the full Rocket League update 2.12 patch notes.
Rocket League Update 2.12 Patch Notes
You can download the 2.12 update now on all platforms, but will have to wait a few hours before the Season 6 content is pushed live.
Below are the full patch notes for the update.
- v2.12 prepares Rocket League for Season 6
- Season 6 begins on 3/9/2022, 8 a.m. PST / 4 p.m. UTC
- Look for additional patch notes detailing Season 6 before the season begins
New Arena Variant
- ‘Neo Tokyo (Comic) is now available in Private Matches, and Free Play
Changes & Updates
Report/Block Player Menu
- The Mute/Report Player menu has changed to ‘Report/Block Player’
- Blocking a player from the Report/Block Player menu will prevent you from seeing their text chat during a match
- This will also block you from hearing that player in voice chat when it becomes available in the future
- Blocking a player carries over between matches
- You can unblock players from the same Report/Block Player menu
- Blocking a player you are friends with through Epic Games will remove them from your Epic Games friends list
- The ‘Mute All’ button has been removed
- If you prefer to play with text chat muted, you can go to Settings -Chat - Text Chat Settings, and make changes there
- ‘Rocket League OST Vol. 1’ and ‘Rocket League OST Vol. 2’ music playlists have been removed from the game
- [PlayStation] Fixed a crash scenario involving four-player splitscreen
- [PC] Fixed a bug causing framerate cap to reset on start or when opening the Settings menu
- Fixed a trading error when attempting to trade equipped Avatar Borders and Player Banners
- Fixed a notification display error when looking at new items
- The SARPBC Theme Player Anthem now plays correctly when streamer safe is enabled
- Fixed a bug causing Painted Samurai Car Bodies to lose color on trim when using its Common Decals
- Fixed localization for Tournament queue text
- Fixed appearance of several Painted Excavator Trails
- Fixed a bug causing XVII Decal to change trim color on Marauder
- Centered several Decals for the Insidio Car Body
- The 50th Anniversary and Hot Wheels Race Team Decals for Fast 4WD and MR11 will now change colors when switching teams
- Fixed Exo and Planetarium Paint Finishes on Gizmo
- Fixed a Paint Finish error when using the 2020 Team Liquid decal on Fennec Car Body
Season 6 Release Time
Rocket League Season 6 kicks off Wednesday, March 9 at about 11am ET/4pm GMT and you'll need to make sure version 2.12 is downloaded ahead of time.
You'll then be able to check out the new Rocket Pass and the animated theme of the new content.