Looking for a new Defender in Siege? Well, Operation High Calibre is starting soon and it looks like Thorn could be the Operator for you. Here's everything you need to know about all the changes coming in the Y6S4 update alongside Thorn. There's a lot going on...
LATEST - Update Release Time & Download Size
The next Rainbow Six Siege update is expected to release at the following times, with an hour of Server Downtime scheduled before it's playable.
- PC (Steam, Uplay, Luna, Stadia)
- 06:00 PST / 09:00 EST / 14:00 GMT
- Xbox (One, Series X|S)
- 07:00 PST / 10:00 EST / 15:00 GMT
- PlayStation (4, 5)
- 08:00 PST / 11:00 EST / 16:00 GMT
If you're worried about storage space, you don't need to be. The update should be the following size - despite the major changes being made - depending on your platform.
- Steam - 4.8GB
- Uplay - 5.4GB
- Xbox One - 4.1GB
- Xbox Series X|S - 4.3GB
- PlayStation 4 - 4.4GB
- PlayStation 5 - 4.1GB
EXPANDED PATCH NOTES - New Content?
Following the Y6S4 Reveal, Ubisoft has shared the following information regarding Operation High Calibre.
- Primary Weapon: UZK50Gi / M870
- Secondary Weapon: 1911 TACOPS / C75 Auto
- Gadget: Deployable Shield / Barbed Wire
- Health & Speed: 2 / 2
- Unique Ability: Razorbloom Shell
Outback Map Rework
- New Locations Added
- 1F Convenience Store, 1F Compressor Room, 1F Gear Store, and 1F Beer Fridge have been combined into 1F Bike Repair and 1F Mechanic Shop.
- 2F Office Supply is larger and has an exterior soft wall.
- 1F Restaurant has been split into two rooms: 1F Restaurant and 1F Shark.
- 2F Covered Terrace is now an interior area that connects 2F Mezzanine and 2F Piano Room. The 2F Piano Room stairs have been removed.
- Bomb Site Changes
- The bombsites that were previously in 2F Dorms and 2F Laundry have been moved to 2F Laundry and 2F Piano Room.
Operator Price Decreases
- Nomad & Kaid
- Now 10,000 Renown / 240 R6 Credits
- Kali & Wamai
- Now 15,000 Renown / 360 R6 Credits
- Now 20,000 Renown / 480 R6 Credits
Operator Balancing Changes
- She can now use the Adrenal Surge to revive herself, which is more consistent with other devices in-game, like Doc's Stim Pistol.
- Her recoil boost has been removed.
- The Adrenal Surge cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Echo / Mozzie
- Increased drones' time outside the building to 10 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Bulletproof Camera Rework
- Defenders can now rotate the Bulletproof Camera and use it to fire EMP bursts that disable opponent devices. EMP bursts cannot be fired by Attackers when the camera is hacked.
- Camera Lose Signal
- When placed outdoors, Valkyrie's Black Eye, Maestro's Evil Eye, and the Bulletproof Camera will now lose signal after 10 seconds. The player must pick up and redeploy the cameras elsewhere to regain signal.
Weapon Balancing Changes
- Angled Grip
- The increase to ADS speed provided by the Angled Grip is now 20% less than it was before.
- Reduced Lateral Recoil
- Jager - 416-C
- Ash - RC4
- Vigil - K1A
- Zofia - M762
- Ace - AK-12
- Warden, Dokkaebi, Vigil - SMG-12
- Mozzie, Aruni - P-10 Roni
- Alibi - Mx-4 Storm
- Team Colours
- Default Team Colours now changes to Red / Blue, referred to as "Your Team" and "Opponents" instead of colours.
- Elite 2.0 Customisation
- Players can customize their Operator's unique abilities in the Loadout section.
- Players can navigate to any Operator in the Operators section and select the Appearance tab to view Headgear, Uniforms, Victory Celebrations, Operator Portraits, and Card Backgrounds.
- Players can customize their Operator Cards by mixing and matching Operator Portraits and Card Backgrounds. Their selections will be seen by teammates before everyone loads into the match and in various places in-game. They will also be seen by opponents they eliminate.
- UX and UI changes have been made to various customization menus to improve player comfort.
- 3D Weapon Skins
- Players can now acquire Exotic weapon skins during their Battle Pass progression. These new weapon skins have a unique 3D effect.
- Drone Counter
- Defenders now have access to a drone counter in the HUD to help them keep track of the number of regular drones they've destroyed. This feature can be turned off in the HUD section of the Options menu.
- HUD Rework
- Visuals for the HUD have been updated to be more in line with the game's art direction.
- Compass now displays pings and other marker locations, as well as feedback for height differences.
- Loadout (weapons, gadgets and unique abilities) was regrouped together to follow more consistent display rules.
- Text action reminders (ex: Press [SPACE] to Vault) have been replaced with icons to take up less space.
- Player Privacy
- A new Privacy section in the Options menu allows players to adjust settings related to in-game privacy.
INITIAL PATCH NOTES - What's been fixed?
Looking at the official Reddit thread of the changes, here's what we've found out so far:
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Total ammo count is incorrect on some weapons.
- FIXED – Movement speed while using ADS upside down is faster than right side up during Rappel.
- FIXED – Changing sensitivity mid-game removes the ability to look in any direction while ADS.
- FIXED – Assist is not counted for the player that injures an opponent if a teammate puts the opponent in DBNO and then eliminates them.
- FIXED – Barbed wire can be destroyed by allies when friendly fire is off.
- FIXED – Muffled sound on some weapons.
- FIXED – Some device recharging cooldowns don't get paused while in DSEG.
Level Design Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Multiple issues with planting or picking up the defuser in specific areas on various maps.
- FIXED – Collison, asset, and texture issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Multiple LOD issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Attacker can instantly teleport down from the roof by dropping to the lower ledge and entering Rappel on Bank map.
Operators Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Mute's Signal Disruptor area of effect is visible in Support Mode for Attackers and Defenders.
- FIXED – Ash's R4-C assault rifle total ammo count is incorrect.
- FIXED – Pulse's Cardiac Sensor does not appear on screen after a player joins a match in progress.
- FIXED – Lesion's Gu mine maximum limit is displayed as 99.
- FIXED – Zero's smart ping is misplaced and offset when the piercing camera is placed on the ceiling.
- FIXED – Ela's deployed Grzmot Mines appear in their undeployed state for a player that joins a match in progress.
- FIXED – Valkyrie's Black Eye camera can't be picked up if its thrown under tight spaces.
- FIXED – Goyo's Volcán Shield canister shells remain present after being destroyed for a player that joins a match in progress.
- FIXED – Thunderbird can peek behind cover without opponents seeing her when she deploys a Kona Station.
- FIXED – Ping marker doesn't appear when IQ aims at the edge of asset if it's behind an obstacle.
- FIXED – Various animation issues
User Experience Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Various UI issues.
- FIXED – Various localization issues.
- FIXED – Various customization issues.
- FIXED – Various VFX and audio issues.
- FIXED – Custom Playlists present some inconsistencies between cross-platform for PC and Stadia.
- FIXED – Saved Customization can be reset after a patch.
Expect to see more issues raised and addressed in the coming weeks. Rainbow Six Siege Y6S4 - Operation High Calibre - is expected to start in late November / early December.