But, what about everything else? Here are all the changes outlined by the Y6S1 Test Server Patch Notes.
Y6S1 Changes Overview
Even though Siege is heading into Year Six, Ubisoft isn't slowing down just yet.
Another batch of changes are on the way and the update has just gone live on the Test Servers ahead of its release next month.
As you can see in the Tweet above, there's a lot that's going on in Y6S1.
Although the other Operator balancing changes aren't live just yet, Nokk has received a utility buff that should make him a more popular pick going forward.
In addition to this, a lot of the smaller issues that players have found while playing appear to be fixed. Most notably, Oryx's Remah Dash can't hit players through reinforced walls anymore and Twitch's Shock Drone can fire through debris.
Furthermore, Aruni's Surya Gate has been fixed following her introduction last season.
There is also mention of a zooming issue while using Ubisoft Connect on the Series X, so a fix could be inbound ahead of Operation Crimson Heist in March.
Full Patch Notes
Below, we have the full Rainbow Six Siege Y6S1 update Test Server Patch Notes.
These don't completely reflect the full patch that will go live with Y6S1 on the full game, but they do offer an insight into what's coming.
Y6S1 Patch Size
- Uplay: 19 GB
- Steam: 6 GB
Operator Balancing - Nokk
- While Nøkk's HEL Presence Reduction is active, Nøkk won't activate proximity-based gadgets.
- Gadgets affected: Ela's Grzmot Mine, Melusi’s Banshee, Kapkan’s Entry Denial Device, Proximity Alarms, and metal detectors.
- Nøkk's glitch effect will cancel the proximity immunity, resulting in the activation of any gadget in range.
- The colour of the HEL device on Nøkk’s hand will change colour when bypassing any proximity device.
READ MORE: A Border Rework Is Coming To Siege In Y6S1
- Defender electricity will no longer destroy ally devices (Test Server Only). This does not affect Custom Games or Situations. We are aware this is a substantial design change, so it will be released on the Test Server to gather feedback from players and the feature will be deactivated when the build goes live.
- There are new playlist settings for Custom Games. The Preparation Phase Timer can now be set to 0, which allows teams to skip the Preparation Phase, and the Action Phase Timer can now be set to 1800 (30 mins).
- The damage zone for reinforcements is now reduced to avoid having them overlap and destroy nearby gadgets.
- User remains zoomed in on Ubisoft Connect interface after pressing the Right Trigger on Xbox Series X before the interface finishes loading.
- FIXED – Various invite and matchmaking errors.
- FIXED – Various Deployable Shield issues.
- FIXED – The first situation "01 CQB Basics" is not available throughout the PlayGo .
- FIXED – Online Custom Game hosts are unable to create a second online match.
- FIXED – Various issues occur when the second to last player alive is eliminated right before the last player.
- FIXED – Operators in DBNO can move freely while being revived by Finka's Adrenal Surge or Stim Pistol.
- FIXED – Navigate secondary input doesn't work to exit rappel.
- FIXED – Planting the Defuser on top of the round table located in 1F Lobby will destroy it.
- FIXED – Missing blue in-use light on cameras when an Attacker is standing in the Jammer effect radius.
- FIXED – The HUD counter does not always display the accurate number of opponent AI in Elimination.
- FIXED – Users can't vault on shelves in 1F compressor room on Outback map.
- FIXED – During the EOR, the camera displays the inside of the player's head for a fraction of a second.
- FIXED – Newly deployed metal objects are not electrified right away when they are deployed in the range of a disabled Electro Claw.
- FIXED – When all Attackers and their drones are eliminated after the defuser is planted, the spectator camera fixes on where they were eliminated, instead of the defuser.
- FIXED – The reactivation of Kaid's Electro Claw is delayed after being disabled by Thatcher's EMP Grenade.
Level Design Fixes
- FIXED – Various new iterations of LOD issues present on Consulate and Skyscraper map.
- FIXED – Various lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Multiple map asset destruction and collision issues.
- FIXED - Exploitable gaps in various map areas.
- FIXED - Hatches have inconsistent bullet penetration.
- FIXED – Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- FIXED – Certain deployable gadgets cannot be deployed on the blue carpet located at 2F Piano Room on Outback map.
- FIXED – Weapons customized during the Planning Phase are not visually updated in the Operators section.
- FIXED – Mira's Black Mirror can be deployed on the wrong side of a reinforced wall.
- FIXED – Various visual fixes and clipping issues for Operators and their gadgets.
- FIXED – Mozzie's Pest Launcher loses its functionality after it is shot on top of Gridlock's Trax Stingers.
- FIXED – When fired at a barricade that is then removed, Hibana's X-Kairos pellets float in mid-air.
- FIXED – Forced unlean and various minor animation issues.
- FIXED – Oryx's Remah Dash can hit Attackers behind reinforced walls
- FIXED – Minor overlay animation issues for operators and their gadgets.
- FIXED – Multiple clipping issues for Operator weapons, headgear, and uniforms.
- FIXED – Twitch's Shock Drone cannot fire through debris.
- FIXED – Thatcher's EMP Grenade will not disable Clash's CCE Shield when activating the shield at the same time as the EMP explosion.
- FIXED – Mira's Black Mirror has a bigger hitbox when held.
- FIXED – Multiple issues while using Aruni's Surya Gate.
- FIXED – Invisible phone in the animation that occurs when IQ selects Observation Tools.
- FIXED – Kali's CSRX 300 shows a damage value of 97 instead of 122.
- FIXED – VFX for Mute is missing in certain circumstances.
- FIXED – Frost's Welcome Mat will not deploy on some elevated surfaces.
- FIXED – When Alibi's Prisma is thrown and hit midair by Thatcher's EMP Grenade, the opening animation still occurs.
- FIXED – Friendly Fire penalty occurs when an ally destroys Hibana's X-Kairos pellets on a reinforced hatch.
- FIXED – Aruni's melee cannot destroy Gridlock's Trax Stingers when Aruni is played by the host in a Local Custom Game.
- FIXED – Pest warning is displayed when the player uses Observation Tools after capturing a drone as Mozzie.
- FIXED – Zero's Argus Launcher has a green highlight when ADS is activated at the end of the round replay.
- FIXED – Inconsistent deployment prompt for Kapkan's Entry Denial Device.
- FIXED – Deploying Mute's Signal Disruptor while Observation Tools are in use by Attackers prevents them from being jammed.
- FIXED – Disabled effects remain on Wamai's Mag-NET when it self-destructs.
- FIXED – Alibi's Prisma doesn't redeploy after falling through a hatch.
- FIXED – White light on Clash's CCE Shield does not turn off when the shield is disabled by Thatcher's EMP Grenade.
- FIXED – The disabled state for Echo's Yokai does not appear for players who join a game in progress
User Experience Fixes
- FIXED – Various performance issues on PS5.
- FIXED – A black screen appears when the game is booted on Xbox One X.
- FIXED – Various issues with Ubisoft notifications and Rewards.
- FIXED – Friendly fire prompt does not appear when match cancellation prompt is active.
- FIXED – Bundles don't appear as owned when buying a larger bundle that contains them
- FIXED – Multiple UI improvements and fixes.
- FIXED – Minor voice over and audio issues.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Various issues with chat accessibility features.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- FIXED – Getting shot by Maestro's Evil Eye causes the game to crash.
- FIXED – Switching from one monitor to another removes the first monitor's resolution presets.
For the latest from the Rainbow Six Siege ahead of Operation Crimson Heist, be sure to keep an eye on the social media channels here.