F1 2020 Xbox One: Release date, pre-order, price, My Team, gameplay, next-gen, Xbox Series X & more

This article contains information about the 'release-date' of either a movie, game or product. Unless stated explicitly, release dates are speculative & subject to change. See something wrong? Contact us here

Formula 1 has planned its return for July, just in time for F1 2020 to arrive on Xbox.

It's set to be a big year for Xbox gamers with the arrival of the Series X.

We've got all the info for F1 racers on Xbox.

F1 2020

There wasn't much confirmed about F1 2020 until last month's reveal trailer. We loved F1 2019 but Codemasters can't rest on their laurels for 2020 edition.

Codies seem to have got the message as well, as we've seen plenty of positive signs already. There are some very innovative new features and substantial fresh content have already been announced.

PRE-ORDER NOW: F1 2020 Deluxe Schumacher Edition including DLC content and bonus Schumacher items!

More is likely to be unveiled in the coming weeks and months before the game hits shelves.

Ocon Renault F1 2020 game
expand image

20/20 VISION: Everything is available in F1 2020 that you'd expect

As this is the officially licenced F1 game, all of the teams, drivers, liveries and helmets are in the game. The 22-race calendar is also included in the order it was originally intended to be run.

New classic cars, updated Formula 2, and more is inside but the most impressive feature of the lot is most likely My Team.

My Team

My Team is F1 2020's biggest new feature. For the first time ever, you'll be able to control your own team.

You're no longer limited to playing the off-line modes as a driver, you can now play as a boss too.

READ MORE: F1 2020 My Team Name Ideas

Codemasters has revealed that in My Team get to join the grid as the eleventh team. The driver market and sponsorships are also key mechanics in this game mode.

My Team will be the most in-depth mode in the F1 game's history and something that adds real value to the product.

F1 2020 release date

Some sections of the F1 gaming fanbase expressed doubts about whether F1 2020 would be released on time. Thankfully though, Codemaster revealed via their trailer that F1 2020 will be released worldwide on July 10th.

That's the Xbox One game's release date, but what about next-gen?

Nothing has been said about the Xbox Series X version of F1 2020 and it's doubtful as to whether this year's game will come out on that system.

F1 2019 multiplayer
expand image

UPPING THE GAME: F1 2019 improved the franchise leaps and bounds

With Microsoft's new home console being released in "Holiday 2020", it's unlikely Codemasters will focus on adapting F1 2020 to the generation of consoles.

READ MORE: F1 2020 - Release date

The COVID-19 lockdown also has to be considered when thinking about F1 2020 on Series X.

With their team all working from home for the foreseeable future, Codies will want to focus as much as possible on making F1 2021 as optimised as they can for Series X.

Pre-order & price

F1 2020 is available to pre-order on Xbox One now! And as usual, there's a number of more lucrative options on offer.

As it's Formula 1's 70th anniversary this year, exclusive content will be released with the pre-order version. Known as the "Seventy edition" this game includes an exclusive car livery, a unique podium celebration, helmet, race suit, gloves, and player badge.

READ MORE: F1 2020 Game: Driver retirement & F2 promoted confirmed

There's creme de la creme of F1 2020 though is the "Schumacher Deluxe Edition". This version includes four of Michael Schumacher's Formula 1 cars as well as exclusive themed car liveries and driver customisation items.

READ MORE: Will F1 2020 Get Cross-platform play?

In the UK, both pre-order editions are available on Amazon. The Seventy Edition costing £55 and the Schumacher edition £65.

F1 2020 trailer

The announcement trailer for F1 2020 was released in April, but we've since been treated to the official gameplay trailer:

This Article's Topics

Explore new topics and discover content that's right for you!

F1Motorsport