F1 2020 My Team: Every Drivers' contract cost - Hamilton, Leclerc, Sainz, Albon, Vettel & more

The wait is over, F1 2020 is finally out!

We adore Codemaster's latest Formula 1 game and we gave it a very high rating in our review.

My Team is this year's most exciting addition to the annual F1 game. All of the 2020 F1 drivers and last year's Formula 2 grid are available for you to sign but who gives you the most bang for you bucks?

We've got the complete list of drivers and who we think is best value right here!

Latest news - Podium Pass is live

After a slight delay, those with the Deluxe Edition have been able to get a head start on their Podium Pass, unlocking amazing cosmetics for their My Team cars & driver.

Of course, what you car looks like doesn't impact performance, unlike who is driving...

Most expensive

Lewis Hamilton demands the highest salary in Formula 1 by far. His $19.5m signing cost includes a $13m base salary plus $6.5m to buy the world champion out of his Mercedes contract.

Lewis Hamilton F1 2020 My Team
expand image

THE KING: There's no surprises who tops the salary charts in F1 2020

Four-time champion Sebastian Vettel is second on this list, a long way behind Hamilton with a $12m total to sign.

READ MORE: F1 2020: Australian Grand Prix Setup Guide

Red Bull's Max Verstappen and Hamilton's teammate Valtteri Bottas' deals are both $10.5m.

Rounding out the top five are Alfa Romeo's Kimi Raikkonen and Renault's Daniel Ricciardo, the veterans both demanding a $9m contract.

Best value

There are some bargains to be found in F1 2020's driver market, especially with the younger drivers on the grid.

Carlos Sainz was arguably driver of the season last year in F1 but the Spaniard can be picked up for just $6m.

Carlos Sainz F1 2020 My Team
expand image

SAINZ OF A STAR: Carlos represents excellent value for money

Charles Leclerc represents great value for money too, he's available for $7.5m, just over half that of his teammate Vettel.

The best value for money for your teammate at the start of a new save is Jack Aitken. Aitken is available for only $1.5m and has the highest rating of any F2 driver of 67.

READ MORE: F1 2020 ALL CARS

Finally, Alex Albon is listed at $6m and while his 79 overall isn't the highest for that price bracket, his Red Bull drive will allow him to level his acclaim up rapidly during the 2020 season.

Worst value

Where there are good deals, there are also bad deals and these are the drivers we don't recommend signing.

Romain Grosjean's rating surprised F1 fans that felt he should've been lower than his teammate Kevin Magnussen. The 34-year-old Frenchman is the oldest in the $6m bracket without a higher overall rating.

Romain Grosjean F1 2020 My Team
expand image

YOU HAAS TO BE JOKING: Grosjean's value is very inflated in F1 2020

Despite his high rating, Kimi Raikkonen isn't a good signing when you consider his age. The Iceman will be 41 by the end of you first season, meaning that he'll likely retire at the end of 2020.

READ MORE: F1 2020: Best Prices on Deluxe Edition pre-orders

The lowest rated driver on the game is Mahaveer Raghunathan. The Indian, albeit Dutch in the game, is the cheapest to sign at $750k but also has a 45 overall, eight lower than the second-lowest driver Ralph Boschung.

Complete list of driver contract costs

Driver
Team
Salary ($m)
Overall
Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes
Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari
Max Verstappen
Red Bull
Valtteri Bottas
Mercedes
Kimi Raikkonen
Alfa Romeo
Daniel Ricciardo
Renault
Sergio Perez
Racing Point
Charles Leclerc
Ferrari
Romain Grosjean
Haas
Lance Stroll
Racing Point
Showing 1-10 of 39
Row count:Go to page:
This Article's Topics

Explore new topics and discover content that's right for you!

F1Motorsport